Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gutermann thread? >

Gutermann thread?

Gutermann thread?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM

I have tried Gutterman using it on two different models of Bernia sewing machines and I was unhappy with the result so discontinued using it. I like Prescenia (spelling)when I can afford it. I use Aurifil, Mettler, and King Tut which my two machines seem to like also. Just my opinion. Kelela
Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 AM

OK I just had a problem with a thread and for piecing you need a 60wt 2 ply cotton. I have found all threads are not the same and can be pricey too! This type of thread is the best of the best for piecing!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
ns

Your quilt is beautiful. I use Mettler,Gutterman and Maderia thread. I use the same thread in my bobbin that I sew with. My sewing machine dealer, says never buy Coats and Clark as it is cheap thread. That is their opinion.I do use Coats and Clark sewing machine quilting thread. I think it is a matter of what your machine does with each kind. If the thread keeps breaking then change it to something a little heavier. My opinion, Matter of preference.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:05 AM

Have not use the Gutterman thread but your quilt is just beautiful!!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Beautiful quilt. You did a marvelous job.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM

I use a lot off gutterman it is a very good tread,love your
beautiful quilt.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Putz
Where did you find your quilt pattern? It's just what I'm looking for for my grandson for Christmas!
It is my own design but, was inspired by all the fabulous bargellos I had seen on the net one night. Lots of graph paper and a sharpener kept handy for the colored pencils while I was drafting it! I did break it down into 25-patch "blocks" if ya will and had made up a chart to follow while working on it. (see pic) The chart was the key to bringing it together as I marked pressing directions and checked each block off as it was finished. So glad ya'll like it, I was thinking about maybe entering it in the fair this summer to see what happens. But... I don't know, that will depend on how the quilting goes. LoL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184659.jpe  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM

I'VE NEVER USED GUTTERMAN THREAD. I DO LIKE THE STAR THREAD. YOU QUILT IS STUNNING AND THE COLORS ARE GLORIOUS. YOU SHOULD MAKE A MASTER PATTERN AND SHARE OR SELL IT. I FOR ONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MAKING THAT DESIGN........
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM

I am OK with Guttermann, but my sewing repair shop (for my Viking) says that it flakes off and gets into the machine and isn't good for it. I still use what I have but unless I can't get a color I want I buy other brands.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 PM

I love this thread. it is all I use. My machine repairman said never use C&C. Its what keeps them in buisness