Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you keep track of your quilts? >

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:19 AM

I took pictures of all my quilts when I was getting ready to move here to AL just for insurance purposes. I was really surprised at just how many there were! Each one was stored in a cotton pillowcase and tucked away in closets. Now I have the majority of them in two bookcases in the living room. At the moment I am making labels for each of them...something I neglected to do for my earlier quilts. Plus, all the quilts that my aunt made before she passed away. I have to finish this while I can still remember when and where :lol:
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 AM

I keep ajournal with swatches of fabric and pictures and short notes of things i've done. Also I keep a page on my blog about my completed quilts. Glad I started at the beginning.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:47 AM

I had gotten a quilt journal and started using it right away. I take pictures of all the quilts I have made and most of the time I take pictures as I progress. I have a quilt file on my computer and will make notes about special quilts. I love to go back and look at them. I also have the file on a USB flash and keep it up to date, just in case something happens to my lap top.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:52 AM

I keep a journal with pictures. I purchased software to do it on the computer, but so far I'm doing it the old way. It was my DH that urged me to keep a record and now I'm vey happy to have my journal.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 AM

I take pictures and keep them in an album. I'm not good about putting labels on the ones I keep, so the pictures do help.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
I take a picture and then keep it on Snapfish. One year I had a little flipbook made out of all of them. It was nice to keep in my purse.
I love this idea....thanks.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM

Me too
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM

I am posting them here and on my blog since someone told me to check track.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Drw52372
I have a computer program that I love. You can add pictures and all the info you want as well as make labels cards, and print out album pages. Here's the link the web site if your interested: http://www.quiltalbum.com/
Thank you for all your input. I do have pictures of most of my quilts but am trying to figure out how to put them together and you've given me great ideas. I checked out this the quiltalbum website and it looks pretty interesting. Looks like you could go back and document for past quilts and it will work for future quilts -maybe make it part of the quilting process. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Barb44
Years ago when I started quilting I got a small Quilt Registry book. There is a place for a picture, name of pattern, what fabrics were used, when started, when finished, how it was quilted, whether it was a gift or it was sold and to whom, and and other info you wish to add. I have missed a couple quilts that I sold, but have entered all the others. It is interesting to go back through. Some of them I had forgotten.

Me too.

I also make a string pieced block using the fabrics from each quilt. I embroider the name of the quilt on it. Eventually I'll put all the blocks together and have a quilt for me with most of my projects in it.