Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >
  • ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

• ♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh how I wish, going to give it a shot. Hoping to make more presents this year to save money and if I do it all/most from my stash....then BIG savings.
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:04 AM

Count me in. Table runners, pillowcases,tote bags are all in the
    planning stages.
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 AM

Count me in..... don't know what I'm making yet
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM

Count me in, but not until October. I've decided that September is "finish month" (again--so was January). I want to finish things I have started this year, and then I will spend Oct-Dec working on Christmas gifts, decorations, etc.
    Maybe we should start a thread on what to make for teenagers, boys, guys, etc. Always so hard to figure out. I'd do a few quilts, but I want to start giving the grandkids quilts for birthdays, not Christmas.
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
    this will give you a good excuse to go shopping to buy more fabrics!

Originally Posted by mzmama
    but if I use my fabric I won't have it anymore......
    But,,,,,
    What if you don't have any money and your hubby won't let you use the Visa? (He is so mean). :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 AM

I was starting to do pretty good using the fabric I already have then I got addicted to the classifieds here on the board. Now I'm wondering where I'm going to put all that. I guess I'll have to put it under the sewing machine needle in a hurry so I can keep buying. :thumbup: My problem is when I get done with something it usually has someones name on it so there it goes.
    Then Christmas comes and I have to make them something else. :thumbup:
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM

I have been organizing my sewing room for a couple months straight. LOL. I keep looking at all of the neatly ironed and folded materials on the shelf and planning; then look at the seperate containers containing all the various sized squares I have cut and organized....want so badly to begin...but wait, I still have like 6 tubs to go through. Oh well I am at least in on the organizing, as soon as I am finished I will join the next part. It is great knowing so many others are doing this; it really is encouraging. Sorry, I got carried away........
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 AM

Yep! I think I need to get FINISH Fever. If I organize without finishing stuff I lose things and end up more frustrated then when I start. Last week I finished 25 potholders and they are gone. So I can put away the leftovers. Now I have a baby quilt that needs to be sewn together, turned and tyed. Whats holding me back????? I think I am worried it won't turn out. Silly but true. :D Have a good day!
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 AM

I'm in the process of cleaning my sewing room and just purchased a stack of large shoe box size plastic containers. While sorting, I plan to put fabrics that look good together in the boxes. This way, I'll already have fabrics together for different projects. I am trying to use only my stash until I have some empty spaces on my shelves.
    Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 AM

We are in the process of moving. My new house will have a larger sewing room (room for my longarm). Hopefully I will have a completely reorganized sewing room soon. Then I must get started on my Christmas list. I don't suggest this as a way to get reorganized however.