Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 AM

[quote=craftybear]Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room?

I couldn't agree more! For the last year I've been working on doing this...using my stash...and I am so happy with the results. I make myself dig and dig until I find something that works. I decided not to leave fabrics for my children to sell in a garage sale when I'm gone.
:lol:
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 AM

I was just looking through the piles of material that I have last night, wondering which fabric to use with what. On the bright side, I have a huge amount of Christmas fabric that I want to use for a log cabin Christmas quilt!!

I was just looking through the piles of material that I have last night, wondering which fabric to use with what. On the bright side, I have a huge amount of Christmas fabric that I want to use for a log cabin Christmas quilt!!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
My sewing room is very organized. And so are the dozen or so large clear totes full of fabric in my garage!!! I know exactly where everything is. (I think)

I just had my LQS, less than a mile from me, close on Saturday. I have since collected a couple hundred more yards of fabric. Had to do a little rearranging of the fabric cabinets and totes (added 3 more 64 qt totes)
I think I hate you!!!
:D :D :D
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 AM

Oh CraftyBear, I have been thinking about this for a while now and I have been going through all my fabric and have found alot that I will never use.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:16 AM

I have been looking at my stash of fabric. I figured I had enough material to make each of my sons, matching trivets, place mats and potholders for Christmas. A lot of small pcs. I am open for other ideas.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 AM

Hey, I have spent years getting my stash together. Going to enjoy it while I am alive, thank you. I recently contributed pictures of my sewing room, and I loved the comment "well-loved room". And I do travel at least once a year, not unpacked from last October yet...

temptation of now what do I make??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249451.jpe