Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

My problem is that as soon as I make something I give it away. I just can't wait till Christmas. Arghhhhh! Anyone else have that. Also it is not fabric taking over my room but vintage sewing machines. HA!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mzmama
but if I use my fabric I won't have it anymore......
THIS!!!! And it is SO hard to decide what to do with the pretties, I just like to look at them and pet them sometimes...
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm so in! Tho I've been doing this for months now. If I have bought any fabric it's been a FQ but that's it. All Christmas gifts will come out of my stash including backing.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:55 PM

Got mine organized a couple weeks ago and now I'm working at using up some of my stash. I am going to make one small quilt for my son's girlfriend -- she's from Kansas and I found one with sunflowers that I know that she'll like. Other than that, I haven't formulated any Christmas gifts.

Oh I am making a Christmas tree skirt for my niece -- all from my stash.

And I have a baby quilt to make -- so far, all from stash!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Yes!! Thanks for the encouragement! I am working on organizing my whole house and getting rid of stuff! I know I have at least 5 quilts worth of fabric to put together. I shouldn't need any more fabric for those. I suspect there are even more than that waiting in my stash. We shall overcome - collecting fabric and not getting enough quilts done with what we have. Keep up the cheering section.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
...Oh I am making a Christmas tree skirt for my niece -- all from my stash.
And I have a baby quilt to make -- so far, all from stash!
I am all for making things but remember even "from stash" you did have to buy it at one time. :thumbup: I will be making some gifts but in the big picture of things I will also figure out how much the item cost me to put in my stash. If I wouldn't go to the store and spend that amount I'll come up with a different idea. Reaaallllly wish I could replenish but it isn't going to happen for a bit. :( C'mon economy....

piney
Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM

I invited my DGD to come and use any of my stash. She is a
quilter too. She found some to use.
We, also, are making things from it to donate to a craft booth to raise money for a neighbor that has huge medical, prescription,and hospital bills to pay.
Christmas gifts are being made from it also.
I see so much I would like to buy but keep telling myself I must use as much stash as I can, only buy to complete
projects if I can't find all from stash!!!!!!
I must remind myself often.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM

My goal is I can only buy 1-2 pieces for any one quilt or project I make. Usually it is the fabric for the back. It does help, along with selling some
Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mzmama
but if I use my fabric I won't have it anymore......
:) :) :) :)
Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Oh I seriously need in on this! I have been in a buying frenzy the last 3 or 4 months! I got to stop!!!!!!! This should do it! I am making trivets for Christmas! I hope everyone likes them! I also have a wall hangin card holder to make, a quilt for my boss (possibly). We will see what I get done, but at least this is a start!

Pic of my trivets
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249276.jpe