Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Pricing >

Machine Pricing

Machine Pricing

Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 AM

Me too!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:02 AM

When I went to buy a new vehicle, I made up my mind that if the car salesman ask this one particular question I was leaving. The question was, and little lady what color would you prefer? I asked the salesman is the color going to make it run differently? I left 5 dealerships before I got a salesman to tell me the bottom line price and the reasons I should buy from his company. Sewing machine companies need to know with the internet available to most people that a good consumer will check out all the features on a new machine. Since we are spending our money, not theirs, putting costs on the website, even if it is a high and low costs would be to their advantage. I won't buy a new machine unless the price is stated on the product. We can start haggling from there if necessary.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 AM

Cragislist Knoxville, TN sale-sufja-2579179084
6 sewing machines
Old 09-06-2011, 06:17 AM

I think they charge whatever the traffic will bear and it varies from one place to another. Irks me as I think there should be a standard, posted price.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM

We only have one dealer in town and it is a Viking dealer.

I have no patience with shopping and haggling. I want to get in and out fast.

When I needed a new machine I went in and told him "I have $700 to spend and that's out the door price." Got a fine machine within a few minutes.

Car dealers make me cry I get so frustrated.

In the end - sewing, machines, cars, washing machines, etc. you are going to pay whay they want you to pay. The best make you think you have gotten a "good deal".
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 AM

I never ask prices on anything. I look at whatever and if there is no pricing I'm outta there. Have had them ask me can we help you? My answer, you could have had the things I was looking at been priced. Now it's to late, I will find somewhere they post their prices and then I'll buy.
Plus I'll be loyal to them in the furture. You can't believe the stunded faces as I leave, LOL.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I was put out when the Bernina dealer didn't have pricing on the machines. I had to ask. And still didn't get an up front answer. I got the What features are you looking for? and more questions and a push toward the fancier machine models. I just wanted to know the price of what I was looking at. I finally told the lady if she couldn't tell me the price of that machine (finger pointed to it) then I was walking out. She just looked at me so I walked out. I bought a new Janome that had the price written right on the tag.
This is exactly why I bought the machine I bought, the price was POSTED.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 AM

I agree.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Totally agree! Although with the event of Google and blogs, you can usually find the info if you're willing to do a lot of searching around.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kayaker26
On Facebook yesterday a new Janome was shown with a price tag of between 11 and 12 THOUSAND dollars.....could that possibly be right. I almost had a stroke!
That's probably the new Janome 12000. Several years ago, Bernina's top of the line was $11,000. I figured for that price it should probably cook the meals and clean the house!