Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Harbor Freight Blades >

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 AM

My whole quilt guild loves them!! Every time someone visits Harbor Freight we bring back a load. In over a year I have had one that dulled quickly but we love them!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:58 AM

I have had my first blade in for over six months,in which time I have made over ten quilts. It is still sharp and doesn't skip. Remember a tiny drop of oil on the plastic "bed" before you place the blade on will help. If the blade is dry, it will not handle properly. My husband did some research and all round blades are made by two companies and packaged for many different names. There are no special round blades for carpet and cotton.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by loreen View Post
i have used them. They do fit the 45mm. I do not like them. They are not sharp. I am sticking to the good ones. They seem to drag & fray the fabric.
i agree whole hearted they are worthless as far as i am concerned.bought 6 at one time a waste of money.i will stick to the good ones
Old 11-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Paula Fullager View Post
Grann of 6, maybe some of us do get a bad batch. I just opened a package of two, last night, and had to throw the first one away. How about I send you the remaining one, untouched, in the pack and you can test it to see if it's any different than the ones you have? Send me your snail mail address privately and I will pop it in the mail to you.
I'd like to know the result of this if you do it.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Paula Fullager View Post
Grann of 6, maybe some of us do get a bad batch. I just opened a package of two, last night, and had to throw the first one away. How about I send you the remaining one, untouched, in the pack and you can test it to see if it's any different than the ones you have? Send me your snail mail address privately and I will pop it in the mail to you.
Sending you a PM. I'll do that.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by june6995 View Post
By the way, why have we not heard from one person who returned their blades to the company and then reported the response from the company? I am waiting to read about those comments. If we have complaints, why not take the to the company? Why do you allow yourself to be ripped off - even for $2. blades.
I, too, have had good luck with the blades. When I did find one that didn't want to work, I found the problem to be user error. Give them a try. There is a lot of $$ to be saved that you could use for fabric. JMHO
Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

hmmm. I love the Harbor Freight blades they work great for me, did you maybe have them too tight ? I just cannot think of anything else, I have bought many of their blades and had not one problem with them.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Is it possible that they just don't work in my quick change Olfa cutter? you really can't adjust the "tension" on the blade because it is automatic. But then again, I tried one in my fiskar's cutter and it didn't work in that one either. I only had one blade in because I saw the other one in the package. I suppose I'll try again, but if the next one doesn't work, in the trash they go!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Default Harbour Freight blades

I was so excited to try the HF blades. But was so very disappointed. They did not work at all for me. I did take them back to the store. The clerk gladly gave me a store credit of which my husband spent immediatley. I told the clerk I heard they worked in my quilt cutter. She said " oh no." I returned 3 pkgs. so I was happy she gave a credit.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:54 PM

I have been using them for awhile............most of them have been very sharp and have lasted longer than the more expensive kind; I have had no problem with them fitting, and I have 3 different rotary cutters (different brands). Out of all the ones I have purchased, I have only had 2 that were not very sharp to begin with; at that price, I think they are a good buy and seem to work well........maybe, If you got a dull one, take it back and request a replacement; where are they made?