Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • If you had ...... >
  • If you had ......

• If you had ......

Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Since your husband has been such a big help with your sewing room, how about taking him out for a really nice dinner.
    Or just save the card - they don't expire - and wait until something comes along that you can't live without.
    Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
    Well, how about that quilt kit that you always wanted to do but didn't have the money to spend?
    I agree, a cool kit would be my choice.
    Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Momyar
    $250 to spend as you please quilt wi and the only requirement was you HAD to spend it on yourself. What would you buy?

I've got a Bernina 440QE with the medium and large hoops, lots of thread, plenty of fabric and a pimped out sewing room. But can't decide how to spend my $$.

Need some suggestions please!!!
    I would definitely purchase a serger. Have wanted one for so long but don't have the money for one.
    Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 AM

A planned retreat for the spring time...
    Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 AM

You can send it to me so that I can buy a nice heater for my cold basement sewing room! LOL!!!
    Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Do you have the large size rotating cutting mat? I lust after one of those. LOL. Or how about stocking in a couple of those luscious fabric collections they put together these days and you buy as a unit all co-ordinated? I especially love the batik ones. I never buy precuts because they are too expensive, but with a gift like that I might even indulge myself in a stack of precuts.
    Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 AM

ummm that is a question that needs some thinking about !!!! to much to decide on what i want first
    Old 01-21-2012, 11:49 AM

I agree with DMotyl, a quilting weekend to meet new friends and learn a new technique. It seems that you have everything you want right at hand, so a quilting adventure may be a great idea!!!
    Or find a Featherweight with a date that is meaningful to you.

Originally Posted by DMotyl
    I guess it sounds like you have everything you need or want so I'd suggest signing up for a quilting weekend get-away either with a friend or not...You will make new friends, have dedicated time to your hobby, and maybe even learn something new that you had not thought of before....
    Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 PM

don't know about the money, but I'd sure like to see the pimped out sewing room!!
    Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM

I am like everyone else I would love to see a picture of your sewing room. I have a sewing room but it is filled to the max no room to turn around for all the things I have in there. But if I had $250 to spend I would still be able to find some more fabric I would want to make a quilt out of. Good luck on figuring out what you want to purchase and let us all know what you end up doing. You know as I was finishing up typing I was thinking of my running around quilting buddies I think if I extra money and didn't need or want something for my quilting I would take all of them out to eat. Just a thought :0)

FREE Quilting Newsletter