Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

LOL, I think I have the same ADD as you.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Oooh...so glad to see this thread started as I still haven't made it through all of the other one. I have a Singer SEQS6000 and I am having so much fun with the embroidery module. (And eternally grateful that I have a second machine so I can be piecing quilts while the embroidery is cookin). I haven't combined ME and quilts yet but have been debating a wall quilt for our living room with embroidered blocks.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by vhord620 View Post
Machine Embroidery can be used for quilting too.
Love those shoes!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Addicted to my emboirdery machine, I have a Janome 11000 and have more ideas than time right now! So far I've done a couple of quilts, wall hangings and towels for the bath and kitchen. I started out with the smaller embroidery machine but after 6 months knew that I had to have the larger one. Looking forward to doing some shower curtains to match the towels in the Bathroom work just keeps getting in my way First time ever replying so I hope I'm doing this right.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Just a hint on the other embroidery posting. If you click on it, then click on 'last', you will go to the end of the postings and can work back from there if needed. It's so much easier than trying to wade thru 90 some pages! HTH

My machines are in my signature line. I purchased my first one in 1998 and never looked back again!! Over the years I have updated my machines to my current 2 embroidery/sewing machines. I doubt if I will make any other changes to my current machines. I love them both so much!! Both embroidery beautifully and sew perld fectly for me. I upgraded to my Babylock Ellisimo so I would have the best of both worlds, my D1 which I love still uses a floppy so I upgraded to my Elli so I would be current with the USB capability. I LOVE Machine Embroidery! I hope we can all continue to post our questions and help each other out.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM

I too, love to EM, I have the older Viking Rose I have used it alot. Just talked to my dealer recently and he told me I could get software for it to do my hearts desire with, just one problem it costs 500.00. I am undecided if I should go that route or just update to another machine, What do you ladies suggest? Of course I would have to have it connected to my computer to use it, I don't know much about doing that. Thanks for this thread.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM

I also have the Quatro...love love love it !!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM

I found one of those deals as well. Got a Janome 10001 with cloth setter, card reader, about 20 design sets, several dozen big spools of embroidey thread, 3 Janome thread sets, 30 or so smaller spools, and a big box of stabilizers. Now I am trying to learn how to use it. Ive made some quilt labels, and a couple of butterflies. Not sure what you call it, but it is made in the hoop using disolving stabilizer and netting fabrick. My dog ate the first one, lol I am really enjoying this machine, it sews beautifully!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Karen,

I also own an Ellisimo and I love it! I don't have any granddaughters (all grandsons!), but I love machine embroidery. I have done 12 sets of quilt blocks with the center of the blocks embroidered (just need to put them together and have them quilted.) I have recently started quilting small quilts with the embroidery machine.

I also have a Janome 6600. Great minds think alike! LOL
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM

Hi Thanks again for this thread. I am new to my embroidery machine I have a Janome 350 e I sort of came into some money and I wanted a horse but since I am 62 My DH thought another machine was a better idea. I really love my machine .(but still want another horse) I have not had my machine a year yet but I got it just in time to make stockings and dish towels for family for Christmas. My first project was a homespun turning 20 that I embroidered the large block in about half the squares with a rodeo cowboy/horse/bullrider or something to do with rodeo. I do love it. Look forward to keeping an eye on this Thanks again