Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I Counted My UFO's >
  • I Counted My UFO's

• I Counted My UFO's

Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 AM

I don't know if I can count that high.
    Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 AM

If I counted correctly, from my recliner with my feet up, I have 5 tops ready to be quilted. Just haven't gotten the courage to FMQ them on my DSM. One of these is nearly King sized, so I'm not sure I want to shove it through the 9" opening on my Janome 6600. The others I like so much, I don't want to mess them up. In addition to these 5 that are ready, I have 1 that just needs the machine embroidery of a Bible verse around the inner border. I also have an EPP star quilt that is ready for borders, but I have not idea how to add the borders. Jessica at (http://lifeunderquilts.blogspot.com/) has a book coming out this spring that will help, so that's on hold for now.

So I guess that's 7. It's more than I like, but I'm going to have to live with it. Did I mention that I've been cutting squares, charms, bricks and strips for 6 other projects? Yikes! These don't even include the 2 graduation quilts for May and the baby quilt for July. I'd better get cracking!
    Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 AM

I have 7 UFOS. i think I should tackle some of them. I also have a few paintings that would be UFOs.
    Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
    ...and that was your first mistake, you counted! No, I will not repeat your mistake and count mine.
    LOL, I would get a headache counting mine, plus a deep feeling of quilt guilt.
    Old 03-08-2013, 06:15 AM

Ok, if I put this out in public, I have to do it...so my weekend will be spent figuring out how to bind, and get the sammich & binding at least pinned on both of my UFO's (is that too ambitious? How complicated IS binding, exactly?)
    Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 AM

I have 5 so far. Two are pieced and are in pieces--ready to put together. A 3rd is a top which I need to take to LA soon. Then, at guild this past month, I started 2 more UFO's to fulfill the year's goal. Not too bad, I guess.
    Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 AM

I have a limit of five things relating to quilting to pile up before I start another project _ I do not include blocks of the month or my paper piecing stained glass windows. I once had 13 quilts queen or larger to sandwich FMQ and I vowed never to let that happen again. It almost took the joy out of the quilts for me as I had waited to long to finish them up!
    Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 AM

Well this discussion has been so refreshing because many of the quilters I know are so disciplined and always complete one before starting another! I actually thought there might be something wrong with me, lol! Although I have not counted, I am sure I have at leaste 20 in various stages spanning the past 15 years.....I get bored easy.
    So thank you everyone for giving me a bright lift today. On that note, I think I will go get a little stitching done....on an existing project!
    Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM

Raggiemom, I had to laugh when I read your post. This was my goal, too, til I went to Hobby Lobby yest. & could not resist the most beaut. fabric I saw. I tried not to buy but it came home with me.

Now I'm back to square one with my goals. I get to the sandwiching stage then tend to put it off. I hate doing that til I remind myself that I'm my own boss now. LOL

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I have 4 at the moment I think. My goal is to have them all done by the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or not!
    Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM
    Power Poster

OMG, I think if I counted all my UFO's I would get overwhelmed. What would I count? My quilt tops finished, but not sandwiched, 3 BOM that I am aware of, various applique wall hangings, and the list goes on. However, my resolution, not that I normally make or keep them, is to take on at least one project a month and finish, then there are the toys and clothing I plan on making for my DGD. Think I'll go have a cup of tea, and the book I've been reading.