Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you/would you use this baby quilt kit? >

Have you/would you use this baby quilt kit?

Have you/would you use this baby quilt kit?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Many, many thanks to every one of you that took time to post......I've read and appreciated all of your time and concern. I'm actually growing to love this little quilt.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:38 PM

Are you in Pgh or Leesburg? If Leesburg, I don't know about a chain fabric place, but I can tell you for certain that DeLand has a wonderful, fantastic quilt shop. The owner designs her own fabric. The store is full of name brand, quality fabrics and you won't leave without opening your wallet....wide! It is a ways from Leesburg, but we drive down a couple of times a year and we're further away. It's an excursion worth taking.
I'd make up the kit, then go buy the fabric for the "good" quilt on the weekend. :-) Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Are you in Pgh or Leesburg? If Leesburg, I don't know about a chain fabric place, but I can tell you for certain that DeLand has a wonderful, fantastic quilt shop. The owner designs her own fabric. The store is full of name brand, quality fabrics and you won't leave without opening your wallet....wide! It is a ways from Leesburg, but we drive down a couple of times a year and we're further away. It's an excursion worth taking.
I'd make up the kit, then go buy the fabric for the "good" quilt on the weekend. :-) Enjoy!
Coopah......We are in Pittsburgh until the end of Sept when we head South to Leesburg. I have not been to that shop but a lady that works and give classes there came to our Clubhouse and did a FMQ classes. She also does a very nice newsletter listing all the quilt shops and shows in FL.

I have taken 2 FMQ classes and still can't get the hang of it. As far as the baby quilt goesit is all done but the binding....got it ready to attach tomorrow. The quilt actually turned out very nice....I'm happy with it but it isn't the fabrics I'll choose. Of course I have lots of things in mind I want to make including some embroidery.

Where are you in FL? Pat
Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

It looks stunning and I like how you kept the brown out. It is very pretty!

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Ok, it's all pieced and hopefully tomorrow I will get it sandwiched, quilted and the binding put on. It turned out nicer than I expected. Changed just a little because I didn't like the dark brown in the quilt...took away from the baby sort of look.

In response to a couple posts, I really didn't mean to sound snobbish about using cotton blends....it's just that I have never made a baby quilt and I didn't know if quilters generally used blends.....I am still a relatively new quilter....and learning thanks to this board. Oh, and I am definitely not against buying fabric from Walmart.....my closest means to buying fabric.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.[ATTACH=CONFIG]432800[/ATTACH]
Old 08-30-2013, 08:53 AM

The quilt turned out beautifully! The color combos works well together!

I'm in Ocala, grew up in Warren, PA , so I know your territory. We have 3 quilt shops in Ocala, plus Joanne's, and several Walmart stores with fabrics and notions. There are other great shops in FL that are a nice day trip, so when you get here, you can PM me if you like. You probably know more than I about some of the shops. Glad this quilt turned out well for you!