Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't wrap my head around it!! >

Can't wrap my head around it!!

Can't wrap my head around it!!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by SuzyM
I cut up my pieces and put them in paper bag one had lights the other medium/darks. I pulled from each bag without looking and whatever came out is what I used. I freed me up from trying to plan a scrappy quilt.
What a great idea
Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 PM

How do you post pix in with your reply? I love that stripy quilt BTW.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Hi "rapture---" Since I just posted my very first pix here I thought I'd tell you how I did it. First I use a dig. camera then put the memory card into the computer. After writing my msg. I went to the bottom of this block where it says File Attachments. I clicked Browse & found the pix I wanted to send. I clicked on the pix & it showed up in the sm. block to the L of Browse. Then after I clicked Send, it went out with my msg.
Now I need to try it to be sure it works this time. This pix is of some cute little girl fabric I fell in love with. Because of the purple border, it looks a little pale to me so I plan to put colorful Yo Yo flowers scattered on a few sashing intersections.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28490.jpe  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

What works for me is to be sure to have a constant for the eye to have a place to rest.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28420.jpe  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Mary Contrary; Love your quilt. It's stunning!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 AM

This is soooo cool!! I just bought a couple of Barbara Brackmans books on the history of piecing and applique. Her piecing book has 4000 patterns in it. I sat down when the mailman brought them and immediately started looking. Can you believe that this block is actually in the book. The book doesn't come with patterns though, its just historical. I was just thinking about how things come and go. What they did in the 1800's were still doing now!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 AM

Lovely quilts ladies!!! I'm really starting to get aggravated with myself that I'm sooooooo nervous about doing a scrappy!!! I believe this is beginning to be a challenge for myself!!! Now how do I stop my half to be's in order to do this? :oops: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Lovely quilts ladies!!! I'm really starting to get aggravated with myself that I'm sooooooo nervous about doing a scrappy!!! I believe this is beginning to be a challenge for myself!!! Now how do I stop my half to be's in order to do this? :oops: :lol: :lol:

If you're tempted to try my Free Quilt, you aren't committing to anything. Just try one or 2 sections & if you don't enjoy it, just toss them into the wastebasket or your scrap basket. You should at least do one whole block of 4 sections. That's an easy decision. No self control or pressure needed.. Ha.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM

Thanks. I just put your post into my "favorites" so I can be sure and find it again. I have a little trouble navigating all the things here.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by sewcrafty

If you're tempted to try my Free Quilt, you aren't committing to anything. Just try one or 2 sections & if you don't enjoy it, just toss them into the wastebasket or your scrap basket. You should at least do one whole block of 4 sections. That's an easy decision. No self control or pressure needed.. Ha.
Are you trying to put me to shame! :D OK, I'll try 1 block of 4 sections!! Pressure is on. At least I have sometime before your pattern arrives!! :lol: :lol: :thumbup: