Dog people

Old 03-04-2010, 02:07 PM

So guilty!! all three counts. Jericho is a lab mix with shepperd, Chloe is a terrier mix. found her in the pound at 4 months old eat up with fleas and a broke leg.... I couldn't leave her there.. now 9 yrs later shes the boss. they sleep with me, they share my meal with me. they are so spoiled. have a chow chow Missy. could never stand being indoors. she acts as if she closterphobic. ( I know I didn't spell that right). so shes our outside dog. tryed and tryed to get her to stay in. and then we have 1 cat (a bombay) who also thinks he owns the house. wherever I'm sitting , he waits till I get up and steals that spot. he also likes to walk by me and reach out and playfully bite my ankle.. I couldn't imagine life without them... am trying to make a deal with hubby for another cat. since we recently lost my leo
Old 03-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Currently owned by one American Eskimo female...aging gracefully most of the time though she has gotten a bit impatient with a couple of the six felines that she must play nice with. There's nothing offlimits to any of them...it's all theirs after all, they just let us stay here because they need us. The "dog" doesn't sleep in the bed with us at night...there's really no room after two adult humans and up to 5 cats settle on a double bed! Only one cat is strictly indoor, by his choice. The DH and I take turns with door duty. We seem to live to serve them...and we LOVE it!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Beagles, all of the above.
Ditto - 2 beagles - king sized bed - I really should sleep on the floor so I have some room and covers. Oh, and the 20 pound cat sleeps on my legs.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM

We have two female bassett hounds that sleep on the bed when they can get by with it and a brand new Havanese puppy that is 10 weeks old and we just pick him up on Monday. and yes he sleeps under the covers with us.
Sharon
from
Calif.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM

We have 3 dogs. Two Australian Shepherds and one Sheltie/Border Collie mix. They are #2 dogs meaning they sleep and cuddle on the furniture and the bed. They are all lap dogs and cuddlers.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM

I guess I am in the minority here! Love my dogs but not on the beds. They weigh down the covers and then I can't move. They get pampered in lots of other ways though!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I have two Jack Russell Terries and both are a # 3.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I'm mom to two beautiful 11 year old labs. Rocky (choc male) and Lucy (black female). Rocky has bad hips and can no longer get up into bed, so he sleeps in the recliner. Lucy sleeps with us cuddled like a couple of spoons with her head on my pillow. Lucy almost died from stomach issues so for the past four years we have been cooking fresh meat, veggies and brown rice instead of dog food. When I sew, Lucy is laying between my feet with her chin on my foot that works the pedal. Do I kiss my dogs on the lips? Yes. Dog lover? You bet!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM

As for me, I'm mom to two 10 year old labs, Sunny (yellow male) and Maggie (Chocolate female) and a Golden Retriever Sassy (age 8) and Psycho (a demented dachshund that is 2 years old). (A rescue). All three big dogs sleep on top of the covers and the demented one sleeps under the cover in the protection of my armpit. Scary if she gets stepped on by the big dogs.

I'm very lucky. I have terrific animals and I get to quilt and work in a quilt shop. Life is good.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM

2 yorkies and guilty as charged. A friend said the little girl won the prize on the most spoiled dog!