Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Some quilting gift ideas? >
  • Some quilting gift ideas?

• Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:21 AM

My son's birthday is in August. (So's mine)
    For his first Christmas , at 4 months of age, he bought me a diamond ring. (excellent taste!)
    For his second Christmas , he bought me a vacuum cleaner.
    It's gone downhill from there.
    BTW, I'm a single mom, so I buy my own presents LOL!
    This year he has a Big Brother (mentor), so I'm sending them out shopping - with a suggestion list!
    Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mary M
    With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
    Please go. This year you might feel uncomfortable, but if you go this year, then next year will be better. And you can start a "new" tradition of being included. Your grandkids will love having you there.
    Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 AM

That's what I want, gift certificates to any fabric store or fabric or templates.
    Old 11-29-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
    Originally Posted by Mary M
    With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
    Please go. This year you might feel uncomfortable, but if you go this year, then next year will be better. And you can start a "new" tradition of being included. Your grandkids will love having you there.
    I agree, Please go and you will make your daughter happy, I think you will be amazed at how well you will fit in. You are one big happy family.
    Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Please go Your Daughter will be so proud to have you there I know I would love for my mom to be with us Please if it didn't mean something to her she wouldn't have invited you Please go you will be amazed at how much it will mean to her
    Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM

When my husband was deployed I took the kids shopping for my gifts. I would walk them around the store and point out what I would like, then I would wait outside for them and they would go in and buy it for me. I was always surprised by the gifts when I opened them on Christmas day. ( they actually pick something different than what I asked for or something similar.) Now I write a list down, we always ask the kids for a list, so I figured why can't I? It works.

My list this year is the EQ but since we are savings for a cruise that will have to wait. So I asked for fat quarters or fabric bundles, I also would not mind one of those racks with the thread of 100 spools.
    :D I don't know we shall see what I get.
    Old 11-29-2010, 02:39 PM

I always ask for a gift certifcate to my quilt store.
    Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Me, too. I have 3 feuding.

Originally Posted by Up North
    I tell my kids all I want is family peace and Harmony, They now say I know I know!!! But I have a couple feuding kids so I especially want that this year.(again)
    Old 11-29-2010, 03:09 PM

a gift certificate to my favorite quilting store would be amazing and appreciated.
    Old 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM

I am a very sentimental person by nature and so is my daughter, every year everyone asks me what I want and I get so much more joy giving than I ever do getting. The eyes roll every year, but DD came up with the perfect gift for her mom. I lost my mom and dad 6 months from each other 10 years ago and still cry at times for missing them so, my daughter got so many beautiful memorie pictures of my dad and set them to music for my computer as a present...it is still just about the only gift I recall, unlike presents we all get but don't really want or need. Now she has my number, and gets me Chicken Soup for the Soul for Mom, and stuff like that, what could be more treasured than that at this beautiful time of giving love to one another.