Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric moratorium >

Fabric moratorium

Fabric moratorium

Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

It's the "fabric if nothing in the stash works" that defeats me EVERY time. <ggggg>
Old 11-30-2010, 07:30 PM

Been fabric fasting since April 2010. Getting worried that my Joann's might go under--LOL. Seriously, I can actually walk in my sewing area now and not have to leap over bags of mysterious fabric--and am actually using quite a bit of my stash.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:30 PM

I'll bite on this one. I think I have enough to last for at least a year or longer. Actually, I don't have any space left to put any more right now. I've been taking advantage of good prices when I catch them, knowing the price is going up up up... So, if I saw something I liked that was a good price, I grabbed it. About the only things I will be needing will be thread and batting. Tommorrow going to try to order batting so that just leaves thread...

This was going to be one of my New Year's resolutions anyway, so might as well start now. (I can do this!!!! Right????)
Old 11-30-2010, 08:13 PM

It's been so fun reading the posts on this. I'm in. I have SOOOOOOO much fabric but I'll just have to stay out of all fabric stores. Oh wait, I take 2 classes a month at my LQS. That might be hard and ALL I've ask Santa for is gift certificates to my LQS....I'll try really hard.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM

I'm kind of there already, almost. I don't have any more space to store stash without taking over another room in my house. I still buy for special projects and sometimes just because... but I really need to just QUIT. I will have to live to be 150 to use all of what I have now and I know that just isn't gonna happen.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM

I'm in!

I did this a few years ago. I made myself a deal I wouldn't buy anything except thread,needles backing and batting for a year. Those things I was allowed to buy had to be on sale.

It went so well I lasted 18 months. It felt so good to use the fabric I had been hoarding. I made lots of scrap quilts, tons of donation quilts for the preemies and several really nice quilts for gifts and for our home.

I saved a lot of money in the process.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

I will do a fabric moratorium on florals for the whole of 2011. I like florals, but they are not really my favourite...however...I have so many florals in my stash it is ridiculous. I just can't resist fabric that is a real bargain and this year has been a bumper year for florals. So, no more florals for me...even if they are totally, unbelievably or incredibly cheap.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM

oooh, i have visions of fabric swirling around and about my head; couldn't possibly handle it. do you realize how many fabric shops are on line? i must browse, just to see what they have and whether or not i should book mark them to pick and choose later, but end up picking and choosing then and there. have a long way to go .... the list is never ending. there is always another reference to another shop.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Maybe those of us who are going to do it should form a group ( I don't know how to do this on this board) so that we can keep track of each other's progress, encourage each other and show and tell our creations. How does that sound?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM

What are you thinking????????????