Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric moratorium >
  • Fabric moratorium

• Fabric moratorium

Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM

Hey cool, thanks so much for posting this KQ! I've already been doing your exact suggestion for a few months (but thought I was being the lone wolf so it never occurred to me to post... go figure!). :thumbup:

So yeah, I'm in. I love it being "Us" when I thought it was being "just weird me"! :D :D

My personal exeption: I'm allowing myself to buy fabric for hand-dyeing, once I buy dyes and am ready to take the leap into actually playing with them (instead of just dream about it....).
    Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 AM

LOL the thought of not getting some fabric would drive me nuts!!!!! I LOVE my stash!!!!!
    Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    I would try, but there are way too many enablers around here. For instance, all I did last week was to mention casually to co-workers what yummy colors scrubs came in. One sweetheart guy offered to bring me his old scrubs he could no longer get into. He did this all on his own, with only gentle prodding by showing off a few blocks with ice cream cones on them that I'm making for my daughter's grand kids to play with on visits to her house. (My DAUGHTER's grandkids?) Gads, that makes ME feel OLD!!!
    I figure gift fabric doesn't count. After all, you didn't BUY it! :mrgreen:
    Old 12-11-2010, 05:20 AM

So far so good. Haven't been to JAs. Haven't looked at fab on line as must as before. Finding more pic of quilts I think I want to make. Think the withdrawl may be almost over. When I'm stronger will walk thru JAs, up date my mailing lable, and then just go out the door.
    Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 AM

Went to walmart last night with DH. I pretended the cart was steering automatically to the fabric. (I did peek from afar to the remnants) DH was unaware he was being fooled and even offered to get another cart. LOL When I confessed to the trick we both really Laughed Out Loud (DH louder than me). This is how we llive. our home is always full of chuckles.
    Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 AM

So far, I've gone 11 days. Only 354 days to go. :lol:
    Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 AM

I've done this before (well, just for 6 months, though) and I may make it my new years resolution, since I just bought TONS of fabric for myself.

Sometimes it's HARD to resist sales, but I think it leads to more interesting and beautiful quilts, at times, because when you're trying to use what you have on hand, you come up with some fabric combos that you wouldn't have tried otherwise.
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:33 AM

I was doing good deleting emails about sales and working with all I have until yesterday. A board member had some cat panels for sale and couldn't resist since my cousins wife who takes care of our property in texas loves cats. They are pillow panels and she would love them for her porch bench. Oh well guess I'm starting over.
    Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm in. For budget reasons, I'd already decided to do this but hadn't put an ending date. It's helpful to me to make a list of quilts I can do with the stash I have. That list has become my wanna do list. I'll be buying fabric as needed for the IRR I'm in, but not for myself . . . although if I get any fabric store gift cards for Xmas, then I'll spend them on me. LOL.

I need to go on a moratorium for buying quilt books too . . . that's almost tougher for me.
    Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 AM

Had to travel 45 mins to joanns yesterday!!! to buy batting only. I looked at fabric, I touched the fabric! I searched the remnants! Put a couple of FQs together! Bought my batting, used my coupon and left. yay for me!
    Stopped at salvation Army to look for quilting stuff! A few pieces caught my eye! I picked them up! Considered them ! then put them down so some other Quilter could have them. I'm doing good. Withdrawal is subsiding, I can breathe better now!.....now on to put this quilt together. phew! :thumbup: