Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric moratorium >
  • Fabric moratorium

• Fabric moratorium

Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Congratulations on your victory! Remember just one day at a time.

Marie M.
    Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM

LOL

It's odd. I've felt so peaceful about fabric since I joined this. I glance at the thousands of Bolts sales emails and all I'm thinking as I delete them is, "Those will still be happening a year from now. No pressure."

Best thing is, I feel my creative juices stirring. There's tons of beauties hiding in my stash, I just know it! It's just a matter of giving it time, finishing stuff I'm already working on, and letting new ideas come out from my fabric shelves.

One day at a time. And right now, I'm loving each one. So glad you are all with me.... :thumbup: :D Thought I'd share.
    Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
    LOL

It's odd. I've felt so peaceful about fabric since I joined this. I glance at the thousands of Bolts sales emails and all I'm thinking as I delete them is, "Those will still be happening a year from now. No pressure."

Best thing is, I feel my creative juices stirring. There's tons of beauties hiding in my stash, I just know it! It's just a matter of giving it time, finishing stuff I'm already working on, and letting new ideas come out from my fabric shelves.

One day at a time. And right now, I'm loving each one. So glad you are all with me.... :thumbup: :D Thought I'd share.
    This is me, too.

I try to get *some* sort of excitement from browsing (online mostly) and it' been blissfully not-tempting.
    Old 12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
    Power Poster

I did this one year and believe me it is VERY HARD. Good luck with your fabric diet. I will not be joining you, but I wish you the best luck.
    Old 12-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Originally Posted by salmonsweet
    LOL

This is me, too.

I try to get *some* sort of excitement from browsing (online mostly) and it' been blissfully not-tempting.
    ME TOO! The inner feeling of pressure being removed from jumping at the chance to buy fabric is fantastic. I think it is all in your mind. Quilting is the fabric of our lives. We will buy again I am sure, but somehow we will buy and use, maybe we will go overboard again but it will be easier for us to hold back if we need to. The economy will not recover in the near future , we are just ahead of the game. Hang in there everyone. good luck
    Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Well, I fell off the wagon yesterday. Bought a panel of Maxine fabric to make potholders. They are so cute. Usually I would have purchased half the store so feel pretty good about keeping it to this small purchase. Perhaps I can do better in january.
    Old 12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
    kbs

I can't. Have fabric already picked out for next month. I'm not a strong person.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Well today was a good day :thumbup: I went to my local discount fabric store and I am pleased to say the only purchase I made was thread and backing fabric. It was all I needed and all I bought. I did look but all I could think of was the pile of fabric on the spare bed that is not going down.
    The last three weeks I have pieced 4 single bed quilt tops for the childrens ward, made 16 small 26 inch blankets for a local charity and cut strips and squares to be used in scrap quilts.
    My DS keeps coming into my sewing room asking me if I am adding to the pile, he swears it is growing every day :thumbdown:
    I just keep telling myself "I can do this"
    Now instead of searching online patchwork shops I am searching for scrap quilt patterns
    Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 AM

I was at a BOM class on Saturday. The shop owner came into the class room and announced that the Christmas fabric and kits were 45% off. I bought an antique wooden sewing machine drawer, and 2 small kits, mostly because they had the patterns that I was thinking about buying anyway, so it was like getting the fabric for free. Plus I will be giving them for gifts (my family does Christmas in July so some of these sales I just can't resist). I'm still proud that I wasn't at all tempted by the yardage.

Marie M.
    Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 AM

You made me laugh! Are you kidding?? May as well ask me to stop breathing I strongly believe in a very high fiber diet!! :thumbup: