Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric moratorium >
  • Fabric moratorium

• Fabric moratorium

Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM

I have just finished cutting a scrappy Pineapple Blossom quilt (Quiltville pattern) and also cut lots of strips for a Double Pinwheel quilt. I have pieced the backs for both quilts from Fat Quarters and can't see where I have been.

I asked my daughter how long it would take me to use up what I have stored in plastic tubs and her reply was 4 years 7 months and 23 days :cry:

Will post pics of the small items I have made so far from my stash, just have to finish my cushion covers today

Hang in there girls it can be done :thumbup:
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    I can't do that but I will make a resolution that I will use at least one piece of my stash in each quilt this year.
    Now this is a challenge I could do!
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    I can't do that but I will make a resolution that I will use at least one piece of my stash in each quilt this year.
    That is a pledge I really like. I think I could do it, too.
    Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM

I'll think about this one. I have been considering not buying any more fabric until I get through some that I have. I am just now buying a rental home and this is very new to me. I am taking cash out of savings to do it and that's not a totally comfortable thing to do, I like having the cushion but, I believe it's the right decision for the long run.

Not buying for a year will give me a chance to replenish my savings. But then... what about that fabric that I just LOVE and it won't be around in a year? :P
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I'll think about this one. I have been considering not buying any more fabric until I get through some that I have. I am just now buying a rental home and this is very new to me. I am taking cash out of savings to do it and that's not a totally comfortable thing to do, I like having the cushion but, I believe it's the right decision for the long run.

Not buying for a year will give me a chance to replenish my savings. But then... what about that fabric that I just LOVE and it won't be around in a year? :P
    maybe it will be 60%-75% off 8-)
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Are you joking? I can't do that and I know it!
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

Just think in a year there will be a whole lot of new fabric ranges to choose from

:thumbup:
    Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 PM

I would try, but there are way too many enablers around here. For instance, all I did last week was to mention casually to co-workers what yummy colors scrubs came in. One sweetheart guy offered to bring me his old scrubs he could no longer get into. He did this all on his own, with only gentle prodding by showing off a few blocks with ice cream cones on them that I'm making for my daughter's grand kids to play with on visits to her house. (My DAUGHTER's grandkids?) Gads, that makes ME feel OLD!!!
    Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Did I already break my agreement? I had to purchase some fabric yesterday to finish the table runners I'm making for my DD. I needed the backing and binding. I also need to purchase today 1 yard of black to complete the placemats I have made for her. Also does it count if I shop in my friends fabrics? She has as much as any quilt store, and I need to get a border fabric from her to complete a group quilt. Hopefully this will be my only slip up, though I think we're allowed to purchase backing aren't we? I WILL be strong :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 AM

you have got to be kidding- a whole year-never gonna happen here