Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For All of You Snowed In >

For All of You Snowed In

For All of You Snowed In

Old 01-29-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
Sadly, I haven't been snowed in - expected to get to work. DH sent me this yesterday. Said it was our street.

Pretty good photo-shopping, I'm sure.
WOW! I just heard from a relative today living in Boston, saying she had 12' of snow on the curbs. I really feel sorry for all the Easterners.

We live south of Salem, OR, and I think I counted the flakes that fell last month. An unusual, warm January, but never more than a couple inches of snow each winter. Hope spring comes soon for you.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:37 PM

Thanks for the great pictures, here in Central Texas, if we get a little snow it is a big deal...as I was looking at all these pictures, I found myself wishing for alot of snow..but we aren't prepared for it, I guess the Good Lord knows that Daaaaaaa
Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by SittingPretty
Originally Posted by retired2pa
My DH and I are retired so we don't go out unless we need to. He actually likes snow blowing our driveway :) I've enjoyed staying in and sewing...or not. Just depends on how I feel that day. I might bake or make bread. All those years of scraping my windshield to go to work makes me glad I'm retired :)
Amen to that! Having been a nurse, I seldom had any days I didn't have to get to work somehow! I used to chuckle when the news would tell us, "If you don't have to go somewhere, stay off the roads." Yeah, like I could. lol
We, those who may need you on those days, thank you very much for your fortitude!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM

I am always happy in my home. I could stay here for months at a time and never mind a bit. In fact, sometimes DH has to drag me out to be sociable, LOL. I think I have the makings of a hermit in me.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Sadly, I haven't been snowed in - expected to get to work. DH sent me this yesterday. Said it was our street.

I have been on Greyhound buses through Colorado that looked just like that. It is an eerie felling being in a very tall bus, and not being able to see over the snow walls! Brrrrrrr!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:52 PM

We get lots of snow, but have only ever been actually snowed in for 3 days. We have a generator for emergencies and plenty of food in the freezer and pantry. We are prepared!

looking out my kitchen window
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160876[/ATTACH]

looking on my front porch from the front door
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160908[/ATTACH]

we use the garage entry in winter, see the front porch up above with the snow almost to the roof?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160957[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160871.jpe   attachment-160903.jpe   attachment-160952.jpe  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
We get lots of snow, but have only ever been actually snowed in for 3 days. We have a generator for emergencies and plenty of food in the freezer and pantry. We are prepared!
OMG! Think warm thoughts!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:58 PM

Hysterical!

Diane
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 PM

O my, Linda that is a bunch of snow. I had that much one
time in our yard it was a freak one time thing thank God
Our part of Texas wasn't used to that much at one time.
Keep warm Girl. :D
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 PM

I don't think it's photo-shopped. When I used to ski, I used to drive from N. California to Bend, Oregon and had to drive around Crater Lake. Driving around the Crater Lake area was just like that - - big tall walls of snow with a valley for the cars! It was a bit creepy! What if you have car trouble? There's no place to pull over! But I'll never forget it!

Thank you to all of you for sharing your pictures of the snow. We got 6 inches of the beautiful stuff a week ago, but it's all gone already. Today was 72 degrees. Too hot for my taste - - I'd rather have the snow.