Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting? >

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:22 PM

I've been working on trying to learn the Viking Designer 1 that I bought 2nd hand almost 2 years ago & never even turned on till this month. I did some piecing on it last week. Today I grabbed some UFO tablerunners from last year for FMQ practice...not too bad. Just totally different from my Janome 9000, so hopefully by the time I finish the 4th one I will have it mastered on this machine. My Janome 6600 will be coming home next month and then will have to start all over again learning that one. Never thought I'd ever say that UFO's were good to have around! I have more than a dozen quilts needing quilting...will start with the donation ones first. Love my 9000 which I've had for years, just too small in the bed area for the quilts. May post some pics when I get the 4 runners done.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

Winnie the Pooh baby quilt, at the moment. It's the first thing I've sewn on the treadle in my avatar... I pieced it on that, but I'm FMQing it on my Bernina Record 830.

Will show the finished quilt in the Pictures thread tomorrow or the next day, after I get it bound and washed.

I have a kid's quilt all sandwiched to quilt, and stacks of fabrics for a few other ideas I have ruminating...
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM

well I have two things I'd like to learn, one is started (slowly) Wagon Wheel, all triangles, should be interesting for me, The other I would like to work is Rhonda's Sampler, I admired it the whole time she was teaching. So this is also my goal, I am thinking I can do these things. hmmm shall see. :)
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06 PM

Am working on a crazy strip quilt,30 more rows too go. lol
Then finish fairy quilt for a 4 yr old. Then a rail fence quilt. Not thinking of anything else till I get these done.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 PM

I need to finish 2 baby quilts for the intensive care unit for premeis @ the childrens hospital. My UFOs for this month, they need quilting and binding.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 PM

I am working on several UFOs. First a modified Christmas crazy quilt. Have finished 12 blocks so far. Second working on a purple quilt project for a local service organization to be used as a fund raiser for Alzheiner's. Third am working on some embroidery piece that will be made into pillows or wall hangings.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM

Ready for FM are
1 - queen size magic square for a niece
1 - first ever jelly roll courthouse steps with some extras queen size for sister in law
1 - double sized Mosaic by Patrica Bravo for nephew nad new wife
1 - square within the square in green and ivory for my March quilt for over the fireplace about 60 x 60 inches - I am trying to finish one for each month of the year.

In progress:

Part Two of an International Round Robin - this is scary but exciting.

African Princesses x 24 (I won in the block of the month at the guild) to be set on point

Hexagon Nanny's flower garden - why did I ever start this one?

To start this weekend baby quilt for a new baby girl in Canada - to be followed by a baby quilt for a new nephew coming in late summer.

Plus my scrappy courthouse steps and a mystery quilt at the guild.

Happy sewing, Janet
Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 PM

working on Trip Around the World - wow - didn't realize so many strips to cut and sew! Already tired of working on it and losing interest. But- seems I always get started on one and then want to start another one before finishing. Still trying to finish some UFO's that need quilting. Short attention span I guess.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Jim

working on....phew...have 2 baby quilts to do for one order, 12 baby quilts for another (store). 6 lap quilts for the same store. King size quilts for both my kids for Easter that didn't get done for Christmas. 3 memory quilt orders and my wife has gotten in 8 quilts since Saturday to quilt. Then I do the bindings. Also have my fabric for my OBW and more twisters...and Spring is on the way...TG
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 PM

I'm doing 2 BOMs at my LQS - one is Eleanor Burns' Underground Railroad, and the other is Nancy Halvorsen's Count On It calendar panels. I need to get the back on a "fast jelly roll" quilt. I just finished a "Pick-a-Pocket" hand bag and am making a small wall hanging for a friend's birthday. And I started cutting the pieces for a quilt for my daughter's wedding in April. That will push the other UFOs aside for a while.