Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Don't feel bad Mary! I made a pig of myself this weekend. For the last 2 weeks I have felt like I was starving and nothing would stop it. So I ate and ate and this morning I'm not hungry and can get back on track and stay on it. I had not had any cheat days in months so I guess I was due 1 or 2! LOL!! I weighed Wed. and I was 236.5 then I weighed Fri. and I was 234.5, Dec 1st I was 233.5. I think my body I'd going thru changes and it's causing my weight to fluctuate. I keep wanting to hit that 230.0 mark but it seems so far away. Oh well, I know I will get there eventually.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 AM

I feel I had a successful weekend controlling my eating. We went to a family pot luck on Saturday night and I did well. I managed to keep my hand out of the chip bowl -- major success for me. Then from the buffet I had some of two different green salads, a small piece of ham, a spoonful or two of baked beans and some chicken pot pie - yummo! I have to admit I did have a second helping of the c-p-p because it was soooo good. Then one small dish of dessert which was a Weight Watchers recipe - not so much damage as a regular dessert.

I've thrown my shoulder out of joint patting myself on the back!! :lol:
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
I feel I had a successful weekend controlling my eating. We went to a family pot luck on Saturday night and I did well. I managed to keep my hand out of the chip bowl -- major success for me. Then from the buffet I had some of two different green salads, a small piece of ham, a spoonful or two of baked beans and some chicken pot pie - yummo! I have to admit I did have a second helping of the c-p-p because it was soooo good. Then one small dish of dessert which was a Weight Watchers recipe - not so much damage as a regular dessert.

I've thrown my shoulder out of joint patting myself on the back!! :lol:
I love the last line!!! :thumbup:
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
Well, I weighed in this morning and i gained. Not saying how much because it's not important. I need to kick up the exorsize and be more diligent with my food. I know a treat won't cause gains but several along with extra wine and food at the parties will. Keeping my eye on the prize and pushing forward.
By the way, we got a foot of snow on Saturday. I'll be walking on the treadmill rather than the sidewalk for a while. :)
Mary,
Today is a new day. You will succeed. Get on that treadmill and goooooo.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

So did you make a baby? ;) ;) I sure hope so.
LOL! Only time will tell...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM

You have all been doing great! Little slip-ups here and there are to be expected. This is the holiday season, after all. But never fear, January is near and that New Year's motivation will kick in! ;)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
You have all been doing great! Little slip-ups here and there are to be expected. This is the holiday season, after all. But never fear, January is near and that New Year's motivation will kick in! ;)
You are SEW correct. Every year I set a goal to lose weight. This year I will succeed!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Well All, I have my determination back. Starting on Saturday, December 18th, my diet will seriously be back on track. I'm going to try the Food Lovers Fat Loss system. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it came yesterday. I'm still reading everything. Hopefully on this program I won't feel so deprived.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 AM

Felt down yesterday and this morning. A year ago DH and I were foster parents to a beautiful 10 month old baby boy. He was drug-affected and had many, many issues but we still loved him and thought we'd be able to adopt him. Wasn't meant to be. They returned him to his drug-addict mother so that she could lose him two weeks later because of her drug use. They didn't place him back with us but instead placed him with another foster family out of the county (they said for his safety). He was adopted by that family. We still mourn the loss of our son and have since canceled our file with the county and are no longer foster parents. It was a hard day yesterday (one year ago yesterday he was taken from us) and I guess I'm still feeling sad about it today. I can only pray that DH and I will be blessed with a child of our own eventually.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I'm sorry Christina. I know that's gotta be hard. I could never be a foster parent mainly because I couldn't handle it when they would be taken away. We lost a child 8 years ago and I still mourn the loss but having little man around helps a lot. I usually border on depression this time of year but not this year, I don't know what is different this time. I'm not gonna question it tho!!