Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 AM

Alright, let me go over the particulars for this swap again.

Anyone wanting to join in the fun, send me a PM with your name, mailing info and if you have any preference for your fat quarters.

Some have given me preferences, and they are noted in their information that will be sent to the Santa. Others didn't provide preferences, and that is great, what they receive is a surprise. We are all quilters, we have stashes that grow almost daily and at some point those fat quarters will be just perfect for a project we are working on. :)

I understand that some of the new participants might be a little anxious, let me be very clear on this... There are NO Secret Santa Police. You cannot botch, ruin or otherwise put a damper on the fun because your person didn't specify preferences and you think you might offend them with your choices.

So everyone calm down and relax, it's not rocket science, we aren't planning world domination, we are having a swap and it's main focus and ONLY focus is to have some FUN!!

So let's get back to having fun! :)

S.D.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Well, I think I'm gonna join this one.. sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun last year...

Shadow Dancer, I'll PM you my info... Thank you for being the hostess.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 PM

Shadow is the perfect hostess -- and she's right -- RELAX -- have fun shopping for your secret person. We all love to get squishies and firmies from our quilting friends -- right? I had a ball last year and can't wait until we get our names for this year!!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

*jumping up and down waving arms wildly....!!!!* We're getting our names soon!!! Yippee!!!! I already have part of the gift...and I'm itching to go shopping again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I think us newbies just want everything to be perfect. I love surprises so you could send my a dead frog and I would be thrilled and find a use for it. We all love fabric so what ever you get in FQ you don't love I am sure you could find a use for it. There has to be someone you will be making a quilt for that would love in. I feel the best part is the antipation of opening your gift like you did on Christmas morning. From what I have seem of the people I met they all have big hearts, these gifts are being given with love. What I have read on quite a few profiles some are on a tight budget and yet they will be making a sacrafice to get a gift for someone to share in the joy of giving. So if someone sends me food (please don't I have so many allergies) I am sure someone this hoilday season will enjoy it if I can't. Let's remember that it is in the giving that we shall receive and I can't wait to receive my gift. I can't wait I can't wait 52 more days. Oh and please no dead frogs I was just trying to make a point.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Just a few days, can't wait!!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM

darn Trupeach....my house is right next to conservation land....and I was going to go find a little critter of some kind to send you. Sure one of my kitties could find something for you.

I just did the Fall Gift Swap...and what fun fun fun that was. I loved shopping for a fellow fabricholic.....and I loved everything I got. This should be just as much fun. Deep down, we are all little kids....and love surprises.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

*hanging head and taking the frog back outside* :(
Old 10-22-2009, 04:05 PM

I can't wait. My SS last year sent me Texas & pepper, southwest related fat quarters. I loved them. I sent mine some really neat rulers & something else I can't remember. I also sent her a pin cushion I made cause they were so handy. Anything we get is gonna be super. I love the ideal of getting something from over seas or way out of state. I can't wait to get my person because I have some really neat stuff in mind. Hurry Saturday.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
I think us newbies just want everything to be perfect. I love surprises so you could send my a dead frog and I would be thrilled and find a use for it. We all love fabric so what ever you get in FQ you don't love I am sure you could find a use for it. There has to be someone you will be making a quilt for that would love in. I feel the best part is the antipation of opening your gift like you did on Christmas morning. From what I have seem of the people I met they all have big hearts, these gifts are being given with love. What I have read on quite a few profiles some are on a tight budget and yet they will be making a sacrafice to get a gift for someone to share in the joy of giving. So if someone sends me food (please don't I have so many allergies) I am sure someone this hoilday season will enjoy it if I can't. Let's remember that it is in the giving that we shall receive and I can't wait to receive my gift. I can't wait I can't wait 52 more days. Oh and please no dead frogs I was just trying to make a point.

How about some mice instead?? Since the weather has turned cooler, my kitty is in "hunt" mode.... :twisted: