Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:37 AM

Good Morning,

I am feeling really good today. I reluctantly stepped on the scales today and after being stagnant last week, I had a significant drop today.

I am already worn out and it's still morning! Swung around to the post office to pick up a package at the end of my walk and ran into a friend who told me he had a friend that is trying to get rid of dirt. (I have an uneven yard and several pot holes throughout my property) So, I immediately grabbed my shovel and wagon. I've made two trips so far with wagon loads of dirt/sand.
    The guy says I can have as much as I want as long as I haul it.

Came in to rehydrate, cool off and paint a little on my guest room dresser before I make another couple of trips. The four block trip there is no problem, but the four blocks back with about 80lbs of dirt is a bit of a haul.

I figure I'm strength training, saving money, exercising, recycling and repairing my yard, all in one!
    Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 AM

That doctor's article was very interesting. I have been surprised to see that she agrees with me. I found a long time ago that white anything (sugar, rice, flour, noodles) took my blood sugar way up.

I finally started losing again! Yippee!

If everyone does PM me their loss, I will give a total for the month. A lot of people sign up and we never hear from them again.

Today:

Pick up the pace a little! Go the extra 10 feet...the extra 4 steps, etc. See if you can move just a little faster today!
    Old 05-24-2011, 07:01 AM

Ah, MJ, Lily and Moira love you. A little further means more exciting things to see and smell.

No extra meds today. My teenage friend has a ballgame tonight. I told her I'd be there, but the new diamond is down a big hill from the parking lot. I should take a piece of plastic and just slide down. Then what goes down, must come up. What were they thinking??

What's for breakfast? I want strawberries, but am out of cold cereal and strawberries and hot cereal doesn't sound good to me.

I have been a fan of Dr Mercola for several years. I am a semi-follower. As few chemicals as possible, no microwave (almost), supplements rather than prescription meds, though that is fast a-changing, raw food for dogs, Himalayan Salt lamps and H table salt, etc. His newsletter is well worth reading every time it comes. He advocates no sugar and he loses me there. Maybe someday.
    Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 AM
    Power Poster

I am very grateful for the 4 lb. loss. I am not starving myself,so that much of a loss is fine for me. It has taken me years to get this big.So if it takes years to get it off it all balances out. Gonna go do a search and try to find out about a friend and her family in Joplin.Everyone stay safe and good luck. Mary
    Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Good morning all. Jumped on my scales before leaving for work this a.m. and I had gained 1 lb. What!!! Maybe it is the clothes. I keep telling myself that. Took a big bowl of cantalope with me to work to snack on and a salad for lunch. Grilled chicken for dinner tonight, with yellow squash. So hopefully tomorrow will be down not up.

Thanks to everyone on this "topic". Your posts really help me get through the day sometimes.

Karen
    Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 AM

scrapnmom, that's to be expected as you eat again. You're still down 5 pounds. Your eating plan for the day sounds good. I'd need more protein for me, but we are all different.

The lemon water with ginger worked. I'm down two pounds, so I'm back where I was on the first. Now to drop my monthly two before the 31th. I need to find the cayenne (hard to drink so I didn't look too hard) and buy a cucumber. Mint I can get in my garden. I think my neighbor's is higher than mine - more sun. Time to pay a visit.
    Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 AM

I will be thrilled if I drop 2 this month. I have been so stuck, the chf is kicking my butt! But today looked so good, down to 262.3. I might even show a weight loss on my ticker. Must update!
    Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM

Well I was surprised this morning when I weighed in. Had a little loss despite 3 graduation parties last week. I'm going to work on no added salt, only 1 diet coke a day and portion controll again this week. My refrigerator died over the weekend so now I have to walk farther to the storage shed's little frig to get anything cold at all to eat. Guess that is exercising. :) It is storming here again today so I'm going to sew 9-patch blocks togethern for my class quilt. Getting up and down to press is also exercising isn't it?
    Old 05-24-2011, 12:40 PM

Good day all
    Had a 1 pound loss so about even for the month need to look ant my note from first. Been up and down so many times I can't remember the starting weight. Getting old is he.. but ever onward and upward or should say downward.
    When I mentioned a tally of all weight loss it was just a thought. I wasn't thinkging of the work it wold cause.
    Gail
    Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Good evening friends. I survived yesterdays bad news without getting off program. That is a big step for me. It would be nothing to break open a 12-pk of Dr Pepper and finish it off before bedtime. Then tomorrow I would do it again because - well, I don't know why. Habit? My knees and my cholesterol can't take eating the junk like I did.

I am on my way out for a 3 mile walk. It will be hot as it is 95 degrees. This morning I did 25 min on the recumbent bike and 30 min on the elliptical. Hope that means I'll sleep good tonight and see a little drop in tomorrows scale.

Have a blessed evening.