Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
BMP

AHHHH Missy you crack me up girlfriend !!!
I have been off line most of the day, trying to ward off the icky's that I think I am getting. Taking it easy on the sofa most of the afternoon.

I did however make it to the gym this AM but only did the treadmill 30 min then bike for 15 min then started to feel yucky so came home.

I willl catch up on all the previuos posts tomorrow ! Have a great evening all I am heading upstairs for some TV and early night..
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
MissyGirl, I like your smile.

No offense taken here.

Hugs.
Thank you Klarina!

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
Candlequilter
I keep thinking I should get Wii Fit Plus, but then I look at all the other weight loss "things" I have purchased and never used. I did get Just Dance 2. I only did it one day. So far I love it. You litterally dance your butt off :D It got my heart rate up way way faster than DDR. I would love to know how you like Wii Fit Plus. I use Wii Fit for the balance games, yoga and the scale and I really like it.
I like Fit Plus way better than just the Fit. I need the balance games. I find the others are just plain fun. I started the EA Active 2....oh man; that really hurts. I am sore everywhere & I am only doing the easy mode. Dance 2 sounds funs...I love to move to music as long as no one is watching, lol!!!
EA Active is one of those weight loss "things" I bought and never used. I probably should get it back out. Do you think it is fun? I seem to remember it being hard.
I think it will be fun after I get some muscle tone. I hurt today But I did see a few pounds drop. Bring it out & try it again...we can support each other.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
AHHHH Missy you crack me up girlfriend !!!
I have been off line most of the day, trying to ward off the icky's that I think I am getting. Taking it easy on the sofa most of the afternoon.

I did however make it to the gym this AM but only did the treadmill 30 min then bike for 15 min then started to feel yucky so came home.

I willl catch up on all the previuos posts tomorrow ! Have a great evening all I am heading upstairs for some TV and early night..
Like I said...I am like Santa so you better be good or else that denim stocking the elves have been so diligently making will be filled with coal. Got it? Yeah. I thought so.

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grammy17
I am a newbie to this part of the quilting board and really to the board. I believe the message was sent with good intentions and received in the same way. I feel it is a very nice way to show support for someone. And many hands make light work.

It doesn't matter what the intentions were............

I WILL REPEAT...........................I AM THE HOSTESS OF THIS THREAD I SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONSULTED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 PM

I approved of both gun pictures, but I guess they could be considered offensive to some. The three naked women were a bit over the top :oops: Honestly, none of you pictures have offended me.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hey folks! I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to the group as a whole about me posting the picture(s) {I do not remember if I posted one or two} with a gun in it. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone at all. I will try much harder to use my "filter" on what I post here.

I am a big girl and if someone is upset with me about some thing I have said or done, please tell me. I am very open minded and willing to see other's points of view. It takes a whole lot to really upset me. So, vent away at me if I have upset you and I will do what I can to make it right (just as I hope I am doing now).

I do appreciate this group as I have gained so much insight in the months I have been part of this thread and for that I love y'all very much!

I would NEVER EVER want to hurt anyone here for any thing at all. You guys are like family to me and for that I am most grateful.

I will take some time though and back off as it seems that there have been some complaints. Never fear, my friends, I will read every single thing you write. I am just like Santa in that way. I know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sakes!

*big grin*

Love ya lots!

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMP
Originally Posted by grammy17
I am a newbie to this part of the quilting board and really to the board. I believe the message was sent with good intentions and received in the same way. I feel it is a very nice way to show support for someone. And many hands make light work.
Ditto ...
PLEASE READ MY ABOVE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM

I go to the Dr tomorrow, I'll find out if any weight difference. I weighed the other day on the 1st. I'm thinking I lost a little, the treadmill helps loads, doing butt rolls and eating decent has me excited!! I learned today about Meditation, so hard to explain or even understand but it's so cool! They told me it would help me in my weight loss. And after I seen what the Biggest Loser does to most of those people on there, wellllll if they can do it I KNOW I can do it!! :thumbup: :mrgreen: :P :XD:
Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 PM

CAROLJ, I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Maybe the need of the quilt blocks should be posted on another thread. But if it's ok without offending anyone (I'm still new to here) I would have to pass anyway. I'm trying to work on so many other projects, getting them done before the new baby comes and this diet is a 28hr a day job for me. It may not mean much to others but I'm so serious here to try to lose this weight. Folks in my family don't live to long because of heart disease. My father died at an early age of 45, it was a scarey day when I had my 45th BD, I prayed I'd make it the day thru. I'm just 5'2" at 265 on the 1st. I don't know why I'm saying all of this, maybe to help me talk to someone here hoping someone would understand how I feel. I love laughter to the hilt, love humor and love making people laugh. I think thats why no one around takes me to serious. I guess it's true what they say about "Fat" people being so jolly. But I think for me it's just a cover up. I've went off and cried so many times because I know what I can look like. I went from 211 down to 128 in 6 months 22 years ago. Now, older and so much harder to get it off! OK, I'll shut up...I reckon I said all that to say this. I won't mind helping anyone out but for now I have just GOT to concentrate on what I have going on here. Lord I pray I haven't offended anyone. I would truely feel ashamed if I did.