Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Want to thank Marybeth (Marytoddliz) for my wonderful package that I received today. Since my favorite candy is peanut m&m's she sent me those and also some m&m fabric - just love it. She also sent some seeds, bobbin container, cute apron pattern, a book by Jennifer Chiaverni who lives in WI-that's pretty cool, some tea, several pieces of lovely fabric, jam and a very nice note.
This swap is just so much fun and so enjoyable. Thanks Lori, for all you do to keep this going!!
Thanks again Marybeth for the great package.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!! cathy (catjo) for my WONDERFUL package. I cant post a picture so i will do my best....... First my favorite color and hers PURPLE 5 fqs and 4 of her stash,a bumblebee mag. homemade i love pin cushion,4 cards a book by pat cornwell my fav author and i have not red this one yet. Also some great body wash and spray,pins,nail file,and coasters,i think she made them and i love them. A stencil on a quilt mag which is very interesting ,A windchime,and a cross-stich to make!!!!! A wonderful package i appreciate all the time you took to put it together with things i like... Thank you cathy very much....
Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Thank you Elizabeth R for the wonderful package I received yesterday. The coffee smells soooo good.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Wow beautiful packages coming in! Love that Japanese fabric, the kimono girls are cute! My SP received hers and she sent me a nice pm.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Juli......Juli........Juli...........what am I going to do with you............your mail box is full and I can't send you a proper Thank you for the wonderful squishy..............

Juli sent me 5 different pieces of fabric ..........one has a leaf pattern on it which goes perfectly with two buttons she sent............I believe a purse or something is in order.....................Juli also sent 2 pens which I love the color................

CraftMates Lockables is also another item she sent.............now I only need to figure out how to get them open............the directions aren't helping...................

Thank you again Juli for everything.........................
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355026[/ATTACH]

I received the most generous box from Quiltnut4ever, it was full to the brim with such nice gifts! Incredible fabric she 'heard' that I love floral fabric and I love mauves to pinks or pinks to mauves....

I'm making a pumpkin wall hanging and she included some FQ's that are just perfect for that wall hanging!!!! A Moda coordinated selection of fabric from the Wuthering Heights collection!

Then I think it will post as the second picture...a tote bag, a selection of thread, glass headed pins, a Kleenex holder in what else???? Floral fabric! Sample of 'green' laundry soap and fabric softener. Hearing of my quest to make 5600 Yo Yo's for a quilt I'm making she sent me 3 more Clover Yo Yo makers!!!!

A book by Mary Tatem " The Quilt of Life" A Quilters Patchwork of Devotional Thoughts. Life is a patchwork quilt of God's perfect design. I love that, thank-you so much Lillian!

The 3rd picture is last but not least some quilt patterns. A current quilting magazine "The Quilter magazine" on page 16 for all you flower lovers....thinking of Krystyna's Rose quilt....there is directions for a quilt titled Vineyard Roses and I just so happen to have the perfect collection of Rose fabric to make this!!!!
I've never looked at "The Quilter Magazine" but I'm really impressed. The patterns are not too complicated and that appeals to me. I think I will be looking for this magazine now.

All in all I am very much overjoyed with this package from Quiltnut4ever! Such a generous lady and more than anything I now have a new friend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]355021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]355022[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355027[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails august-sp-lillian-aka-quiltnut-forever.jpg   august-sp-lillian-aka-quiltnut4ever.jpg   august-sp-quiltnut4ever-aka-lillian.jpg   thankyou-so-much.gif   23981_blowingbubbles_08.gif  

Last edited by onaemtnest; 08-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Finally packaged all the goodies I picked for my SP and boy did I have trouble fitting everything in the package. It looks like it is about to bursts so I put some reinforcing tape on it. Will definitely be in the mail Monday morning so should be received by midweek since she is only appx. 834 miles from me. Great packages being received!!! Love the package from Japan. I would love to have her as a swap partner to receive Japanese items. I am partial to oriental everything! I always dreamed of seeing Japan and China. Maybe one day.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 PM

I just emptied it. I saw on my email that you tried to send me a messages, so I just came and emptied my whole box.

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Juli......Juli........Juli...........what am I going to do with you............your mail box is full and I can't send you a proper Thank you for the wonderful squishy..............

Juli sent me 5 different pieces of fabric ..........one has a leaf pattern on it which goes perfectly with two buttons she sent............I believe a purse or something is in order.....................Juli also sent 2 pens which I love the color................

CraftMates Lockables is also another item she sent.............now I only need to figure out how to get them open............the directions aren't helping...................

Old 08-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Oh with the lockables, do you have a child nearby? LOL! I almost had to call Shane and Owen to inform me that all you have to push the purple thing in and they will open! Took me forever to figure that dang thing out! LOL!

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post

Old 08-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Today one of our local quilt shops was having this sale going on outside. People came and sold the things they no longer wanted. This lady sold this wall hanging to me for $10.00.
Attached Thumbnails img_0713.jpg   img_0715.jpg