Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 08-31-2022, 06:54 AM

Got to thinking - would anyone be interested in a side "Christmas/Winter candy swap" this year? This would be Christmas/winter theme prints or Christmas/winter colors.

Yesterday DH got the timing fixed on my LA- and it was such a pleasure to be able to quilt fast, with no thread breaks or skipped stitches.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:54 PM

Macybaby, depending on how many candies per pkg and how many swoppers I would be interested.

recvd another pkg today from Sewbiz.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

What did you have in mind, Macybaby? I'm not sure I have enough Christmas fabrics to do a swap.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:56 PM

Macybaby, Great minds think alike. I was going to make a proposal for a side swap later in September. Thinking of a due date of mid- November so we could use the squares for December projects. Last year we had six in the Christmas Side Swap. We swapped 25, 2.5's with no more than two of the same fabric. I matched folks into partners so the work and holiday fabric was minimal.

Macybaby were you thinking of taking the lead on this or just asking if any one is interested?
Old 09-01-2022, 07:55 AM

I would be interested in the Christmas side swap.

congratulations NZQUILTER on your twins. A boy and girl. Yea!!!!! I guess you will be making more baby items.

All of my BD candy went out today for September.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:01 AM

Be advise this is only a Commercial. (LOL) Within the next month, I will be posting a Halloween 2.5” scrappy quilt I’m working on. Very, very colorful. My goal to have it completed in the next few weeks. It’s also a UFO. End of commercial. You can now go back to your normal lives.

happy sewing everyone.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:24 AM

Happylab, you should start a halloween UFO thread. Lots of folks have halloween UFOs to wrap up. I still have to quilt my ghost from last year :-)

I'm in for a Christmas swap. Did anyone attempt a crazy quilt block with the extras I sent last year? I will be putting together another crazy quilt sample to send with the candies just because I keep hoping that others will love the crazy quilting process, too. It is such a christmasy thing to do.... Now ask me if I managed to finish a crazy quilt xmas effort last year..... No. :-( But I can dream....

I should check to see if I can do a halloween color CQ collection here... Anyone want one to play with if I do?
Old 09-01-2022, 08:30 AM

As to the winter theme swap, I'm open to whatever works for everyone. And I can host it too if that works out. I wanted to get a jump on it as I normally donate 2-3 winter quilts for employee drawings for the work party - and I've got patterns that work well with candies. Last year it was pretty flexible, send in what you wanted to swap (like 4 sets of 25) and get back four different sets. Depending on the number of swappers, you might get back some duplicate sets. But you still end up with way more variety than not swapping.

My BD candies are going in the mail today. I only have two sets left - how many bdays to we have left? Want to know if I need to cut up more.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

I might be able to do the Christmas swap. Yes... count me in!
Old 09-01-2022, 01:02 PM

I have plenty of holiday/winter fabrics to do a swap. Add me to your list. Set it up and let's get started, Macybaby. It is all yours.

We have two more birthdays for this year's Birthday Swap. One each for October and November. NO DECEMBER!