Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 03-13-2022, 07:02 PM

Nice to hear from you again, Wesing! Anyone else who's lurking, please feel free to chat and chime in! I don't have FB and don't have many personal friends, so the Quilting Board means a lot to me.
​​​​​​
Old 03-14-2022, 04:25 AM

Happy PI Day every one! (3.141592) Set down your rotary cutter, step back from the machine and make a pie. Been doing this for years just to tease my son. This is last year's apple pie, PI, Haven't made one yet today. Likely will be blueberry or peach. Time to polish up my fork and indulge.
Attached Thumbnails pi-day-2021.jpg  
Old 03-14-2022, 07:45 AM

I made DH a very simple no back cream cheese pie. Put some canned cherry topping on it and it's one of the easiest deserts in my book. And it's always a favorite. I've been making it for about 45 years now.

Way back in 2016, I made 14 different pies for Pie Day (it was 3.14 -16) . It was really fun making that many different pies, and it was at a time I had a double wall oven to use. This year I don't even have a finished kitchen. Which reminds me, my new stove, fridge and dishwasher are suppose to be delivered this morning. Don't know if I'd prefer DH to send a pic when they are in, or have the surprise when I get home. Though DH is really not good about waiting so I expect he'll text a pic as soon as the delivery guys have left.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:58 PM

I went wandering to one of my FB groups that I follow this morning and saw the quilt I have attached here. I asked permission to post the quilt to our group and the quilter said yes! So here is one more way to use our scraps that is rather sweet and simple but still makes and effective quilt top. A good idea when a quick but elegantly simple top is needed. It would be easy to adjust the size from baby to queen to a king if you have that many lovely little 2.5's.
Attached Thumbnails susan-wright-scrap-quilt-entth..jpg  
Old 03-14-2022, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Another really nice candy quilt, WMUT!
Old 03-15-2022, 04:48 AM

WMU - sweet, simple and elegant are great descriptions! Nice design!
Old 03-16-2022, 04:50 AM

Nzquilter, I have been tracking your PKG . It was suppose to be delivered yesterday, but now it's saying today. Wow, so glad I mailed it early. Today will be 8 days since it was dropped. Lord I hope you get it . So I've made a note to myself to mail all bd pkgs 2 weeks ahead of time.

​​​​​​I have 3 projects going on right now, so keeping busy. Finished all the blocks that I'm going to do with my splendid sampler, but haven't decided on what type of sashing and binding yet. Waiting on labels for some memory pillows for a friend, and going thru my bend of scraps making hexies for further use.

reading about the lack of participants on the board, or lack of activity, and I noticed that right away when I came back. I was very excited to see at least this one continued.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 AM

You envelope did indeed arrive today, Gannyrosie, along with Happylab's. That is all 16 envelopes arrived before my birthday! Thank you, everyone! Since all are here, I think I'm going to treat myself and open them up this afternoon. I am think of sorting everything by color this year. So exciting!

2-26 Jenn8r8, Patrick's Mom
2-28 loveofquilts
3-1 Crispy-Frog
3-4 Ibex94, Macybaby, Sewbizgirl
3-5 WMUTeach, Gaijin
3-7 Ahw, Logcabin82
3-9 Kele
3-11 TravelingGramma, IrishMom
3-16 Happylab, Gannyrosie
​​​
Old 03-16-2022, 12:35 PM

Yea, nzquilter. Enjoy your early bd candies.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

Glad all are present and accounted for, NZ! Have fun opening them and planning new quilts.