"Weigh In"

Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Count me in. Do we start with what our weight is on March 1st? I don't care about putting my weight down. We are all in the same boat and it is not like we are going to tell anyone or make fun of anyone.

So let's see - we put down our goal for the next 6 months, and weekly we will put down how much we lost. Is this right? Isn't that what we are doing now? But the one who loses the most amount will get the fat quarters.

Okay that sounds simple enough. March 1st all who are participating will log in their goals, and every Monday thereafter we will log in our loss for that week.

Carole

PS Who is going to keep track of the losses?
Like I said in the first post it will be the honor system everyone will keep track of their own weight loss. If someone wants to cheat and lie just to be the winner and get the fabric they have to live with that. I don't think any of us would do that. The kinks still have to ironed out but we'll figure it all out once we know who has an interest. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM

dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana vjengels Alu-Rathbone Aunt Doggiel lhavelka Leota yourstrulyquilts Connie F nellebelles Lisanne sueisallaboutquilts nursie76 Crafty Nana carolevidak dianneme Jeanclark bebe ranger Tippy buddy'smom quiltylori Mary Ann trupeach Gwyn buddy'smom sewfunquilts

Would you agree everyone be contacted about our idea by pm or let them check here to find out about it. I don't want to miss anyone but it could be some have checked out of this thread since we don't hear from them anymore.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lneal
dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana vjengels Alu-Rathbone Aunt Doggiel lhavelka Leota yourstrulyquilts Connie F nellebelles Lisanne sueisallaboutquilts nursie76 Crafty Nana carolevidak dianneme Jeanclark bebe ranger Tippy buddy'smom quiltylori Mary Ann trupeach Gwyn buddy'smom sewfunquilts

Would you agree everyone be contacted about our idea by pm or let them check here to find out about it. I don't want to miss anyone but it could be some have checked out of this thread since we don't hear from them anymore.
I think the problem might be they are not getting notified by e-mail. I haven't in a few days, I have to search for this thread. maybe PM's should go to all of them.

This seems like it will be lots of fun to have a biggest looser. It will keep use all motivated with a prize at the end and what better prize then fabric. Once a month sounds good too, it is what everyone decides on. The best reward is we will all be getting healthier, thinner and look better. It is a win win situation.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:30 PM

Since I'm not in right now to lose weight I'll join the fabric exchange in June or the next go-around. After the baby is born--I WILL get up and exercise is some form. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

BTW--thanks for the suggestions for at night. I have my head elevated, pillows everwhere, etc. no help at all. With my last pregancy I slept in a recliner. Will probably resort to that soon. I check in with the midwife on Weds. will ask her for any suggestions. My pulse rate has been elevated lately, could be the reason I'm having problems breathing.

keep up the good work everyone! as my students say, "you rock!".

Rose Hall
Old 02-20-2010, 07:10 PM

Hi Everyone..I would love to join! I am having problems with a plateau though, but I would gladly support the winner with some fabric. Who knows, maybe I might start losing again. I love how everyone is so supportive!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Hi all. Sounds like some wonderful results the past week. Keep up the good work.

I have been sick since last Saturday with some kind of CRUD as the Dr. called it. Two meds later and I still feel ucky.

I lost another 2 lbs. I think it was due to not being able to taste anything so wasn't eating much. Pants are a bit more loose and my belly seems smaller.

Now to exercise. All this snow and ice has kept me indoors 'cept for school Wed.

I had to do an interesting homework assignment for my online Excel class. We had to make a chart showing what we did during the day to burn calories, how many calories we burned doing the activity in an hour, how many calories burned in a day and how many pounds per month it is to keep off.
Boy oh boy did I get my eyes opened. Since my job was terminated 14 months ago, I have gone from being very active to sedentary. Yikes! No wonder I have gained.
Also had to go to some online sites to see how many calories a person my gender, age, height, and weight burned. Very interesting indeed. I've never been one to count calories, but this sure opened my eyes.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM

I need to drop out for now. My lupus is flared up again and the doctor has put me on prednisone again. I find it very frustrating and almost impossible to lose weight while I am taking this drug. He says I need to stay on it for now--I possibly have kidney involvement with my disease and it is essential that I take this drug.
So, please take my name off the list for now--and thank you all for your help up to this point. I wish that as each of you goes through this change in your life, that you will find success and the weight loss you desire!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I need to drop out for now. My lupus is flared up again and the doctor has put me on prednisone again. I find it very frustrating and almost impossible to lose weight while I am taking this drug. He says I need to stay on it for now--I possibly have kidney involvement with my disease and it is essential that I take this drug.
So, please take my name off the list for now--and thank you all for your help up to this point. I wish that as each of you goes through this change in your life, that you will find success and the weight loss you desire!
I hope all goes well for you and you feel better soon. It seems some of us have quiet a bit of weight to lose which is NOT happening overnight. I for one know I will be around for awhile. By awhile I mean several months. When you are able to come back and join us, we will miss you. :cry: :cry:
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM

Oh Nell, I am so sorry to hear this. I have RA and have had to take prednisone at times also. I know what you mean - nothing you can do about it kiddo. Just take it and get this Lupus under control - that is more important.

Keep in touch,

Carole
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Sorry to hear you will be gone. I was on Prednisone for years, gained 50 lbs which is what I am trying to lose now. I sure felt good while taking it though, no littel aches or pains, so it does work, just has those nasty side effects. Get well soon!