Cisco-website warning???

Old 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I had to close my hotmail account as well a few months back it got hacked and was sending spam emails - namely to my boss with this msg that I was starting my own business with this chinese company. It got to the point that I had to get our IT people to block my email account from sending emails to the office. Thankfully I've never had any issues with my gmail account. I have two virus softwares running as well and they're always popping up with issues that it finds with websites and stuff coming in.

When I contacted Hotmail about the SPAM and the issues with the account being hacked their response was it must have been a site I went to, and that to close the account for me to not login to the Hotmail account for a period of 60 days and it will automatically remove the account. So for 60 days my family and co-workers got spammed every day.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
I had to close my hotmail account as well a few months back it got hacked and was sending spam emails - namely to my boss with this msg that I was starting my own business with this chinese company. It got to the point that I had to get our IT people to block my email account from sending emails to the office. Thankfully I've never had any issues with my gmail account. I have two virus softwares running as well and they're always popping up with issues that it finds with websites and stuff coming in.

When I contacted Hotmail about the SPAM and the issues with the account being hacked their response was it must have been a site I went to, and that to close the account for me to not login to the Hotmail account for a period of 60 days and it will automatically remove the account. So for 60 days my family and co-workers got spammed every day.
My hotmail account was hacked into also-mess! Also, I clicked a supposed warning that looked a lot like my AVG-but it wasn't. It was a horrible worm that took hours to clean out.
I, too, like gmail.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i'm absolutely 100% certain that our site is not infected.

however, since this event has been reported by so many members at the same time, the techs have plenty of useful information to research the origins.

because it has not happened to me, i conclude it has not happened to all members subscribed to the digests. that might mean those having the problem need to check their email settings, update their anti-virus software, install additional adware, malware, etc. those are certaintly things everyone should do in the meantime.

TaliaRose will give us an update as soon as she has useful information for us.

do not panic. but, if you are among those experiencing this event, make sure to bypass the emailed links and come straight to the board until we hear more.

http://www.quiltingboard.com