Cisco-website warning???

Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 PM

I have been getting this warning too!!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM

I have been getting this message on this board lately. I don't
know why they come up all of a sudden.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Red

Thanks for all the info. I've learned a lot tonight.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM

Problems encountered while surfing the board should be reported along with at least the following information:

1. Describe the event or problem in detail.
2. Provide technical information about the computer you were using when the event occurred. (brand, model, age, how much memory does it have, processor speed, etc.)
3. Which operating system are you running? Which version?
4. Which internet browing software do you use? (i.e. MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
5. What is the URL of the page(s) you had this issue on?
6. What time(s) and date(s) did this issue occur approximately?

Are you among the very few who want the emailed topic digests but are not receiving them?

the problems with the emails have been mostly solved. at this point, the remaining problems have been found to be caused most often by faulty settings in members' email programs. in some cases, it's been discovered that members were somehow unsubscribed from the email list.

for those who no longer seem to be receiving the emailed digests (topic lists), the steps to follow, in order, are:

1. thoroughly check all email program settings to ensure that emails from @quiltingboard.com are not blocked. it might also be necessary to specify it on a safe list.

2. repeat those steps for the domain quiltedparadise.com

3. once more through the settings to ensure that all email from @lifestyle.ebemail.com are let through.

4. look in spam/junk folders to see if old digests are lurking there.

5. if necessary, contact the tech support folks from your email provider to get help going through all the steps.

6. if you've done all of that and are not getting the emails, send a report and request for technical support. provide as much information as possible about your email address, your internet service provider, your email provider, and the software you use to receive and manage your email.

Requests for technical assistance are properly reported using one of the following options:

1. Send a private message to the Admin account. This is the least efficient option since a technician with access to that account must be logged into the board in order to receive and process the requests.

2. Send the report by email to [email protected]
This is a slightly more efficient option because the report will go directly to the technicians. However, keep in mind that it will get in line with the many dozens of emails submitted each day to that eddress. Once read, if the message relates to something that requires my attention instead of technical support, it gets routed to me. I also receive in excess of 100 messages per day. On a great day, we can process, address and respond right away to everything that needs a response. On a normal day, it might take a while. So, please be patient.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:27 PM

This is the first day in several that I have been able to open this site. My messages (on iMac) kept saying that the server dropped the link or could not find the site. Very strange
Old 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM

I wonder if it's cisco the kid!! Lol, just kidding,hope you get it fixed.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
With Vista you can just right click under the time, down in the right hand corner of the screen, and a menu will come up with Task Manager in it.
Thank you I didn't know!! :D
Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 PM

I got one of those messages today. First time for this thread. Said there have been scams and frauds reported. I closed the window and entered by another watched thread without a problem. Is this something we should be worried about?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:37 PM

I've been getting similar messages from my provider for the past few weeks!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Administrator

the techs will find a few (possibly bazillions) of inquiries about this waiting for them when they get to work today.

i'm absolutely 100% certain that our site is not infected.

however, since this event has been reported by so many members at the same time, the techs will have plenty of useful information to research the origins.

because it has not happened to me, i conclude it has not happened to all members subscribed to the digests. that might mean those having the problem need to check their email settings, update their anti-virus software, install additional adware, malware, etc. those are certaintly things everyone should do in the meantime.

TaliaRose will give us an update as soon as she has useful information for us.

do not panic. but, if you are among those experiencing this event, make sure to bypass the emailed links and come straight to the board until we hear more.

http://www.quiltingboard.com