Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 >

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 AM

Go ahead and finish it. She will love it (and so will we if you post the picture!). It sounds exquisite and she sounds like the kind of girl who will give you just the response that we all love to get when we have finished a project.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 AM

I think this is what I would do if it were me...

I would just simply explain the entire thing to her, ask her if she has a preference, and go with that. Explain that if she prefers the quilt in her colors it will be finished later than the date you had planned on completion.

There is a lot of money and your time involved either way, so may be make what she likes best?

Sarah
Old 08-21-2011, 07:18 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous. It sounds like she will love it just because you made it for her. Love the colors. Post another pic when you get it all done.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Nursie that is a beautiful quilt. Finish it and give it to her then make a shaggy lap quilt for Christmas. She will love this quilt Made with Love!

Cookie
Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Sounds like she will really appreciate your gift. finish it, they can always use it in another room or on the couch. either way she loves quilts so she will definitely love yours
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 AM
elm

What beautiful work. Finish it. Take pictures. Give it with the love you obviously feel for this young woman.
Originally Posted by nursie76
Rebecca, it's a kick in the butt I am a-needin! LOL

Thanks for the encouragement! You are right, she is such a sweetheart (really! Like one of my own kids!) She was just so excited about a beach tote I made her last year, that I know that she will appreciate this one too, just needed some encouragement.

Oh, I can show you the pics when it was about 2/3 of the way pieced, before the borders. Will post the finished top, probably tomorrow. Thanks for the interest. (Colors are richer than they appear in pic...camera seems to wash things out. Pardon my messy room...everything has been taking a back seat since I have been working on this :oops: )
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM

It could be that she was just being polite and encouraging you since she is speaking so highly of another quilt. Finish what your doing, your daughter told you that she loves water/ocean. The person recieving this quilt will love it. If you don't have anything planned in your near future, you might ask her if she would enjoy a rag quilt as well, get colors and away you go
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM

I think she will love it. Please finish it. Sometimes people don't know what they like until presented with it. It sounds beautiful. Would love to see a picture. :D :D :D
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Keep it for yourself since you really wanted it and make her that rag quilt. Apologize. Tell her that her present will be late and just give her a very small gift to compensate. Then get to work on that rag quilt.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 AM

I suspect your beautiful quilt will give her an excuse to redecorate her (um, their) bedroom. Besides, a coat of paint and drapes are nothing compared to the work, time & $ you've invested.
Just do it!