Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie >

The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
I was so relieved to find this thread! I almost feel like I need to stand up, state my name and confess that I, too, am an obsessive chin hair plucker. (As they do at AA meetings....)

My DH seems to enjoy the fact that I am now growing a goatee that could rival his any day. He has created what we call The Lab, where we indulge in our "grooming ritual". Basically, I get to lay down and take a snooze while HE plucks all of the little hairs out of my chin under a brilliantly bright light. Talk about relaxing!

So glad to know I am not alone in this!

He does what??? :) I swear I could use this fella when I am like Indiana Jones looking for those under the chin hairs..:)
Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 AM

Oh no...now I have something else to worry about...invisible peach fuzz. Now where is my flashlight!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Oh no...now I have something else to worry about...invisible peach fuzz. Now where is my flashlight!!!
Debby,
Target has a great special on some nifty ones..:)
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by BobbiG
I find I can go some time with no growing hairs on my face and can get up the next morning with five 3/4 " hairs. I wish my head hair would grow like that.
How do they do this??? Where is Bill Nye the Science guy on this?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 AM

I wish it were only peach fuzz! The wonderful thing about this Board is we find that we are not alone!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 AM

yup sounds about right when i was pregnany with my son i had way more facial hair growth than i did when i was pregnant with my daughter i blamed it on the extra testosteron in my body cause i was carrying a boy. dont know if this is the case for every one but it was for me.
Originally Posted by sewmom
I think the hair loss/growth in new areas has to do with menopause and estrogen. When we hit menopause, our bodies produce less estrogen and more testosterone. That is why we gain in our bellies, like a guy and grow hair like a guy. I don't know all the info but estrogen plays an important role in a women's body. It helps keep our cholesterol down too
Old 09-08-2011, 07:34 AM

It seems I have had chin hairs all my life. Started plucking. Then waxing. Now I shave every other day ... and sometimes in between. Sorry ... but the "old wives' tale" is true. Thus I do NOT touch the peach fuzz on my cheeks.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina
Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
I was so relieved to find this thread! I almost feel like I need to stand up, state my name and confess that I, too, am an obsessive chin hair plucker. (As they do at AA meetings....)

My DH seems to enjoy the fact that I am now growing a goatee that could rival his any day. He has created what we call The Lab, where we indulge in our "grooming ritual". Basically, I get to lay down and take a snooze while HE plucks all of the little hairs out of my chin under a brilliantly bright light. Talk about relaxing!

So glad to know I am not alone in this!

He does what??? :) I swear I could use this fella when I am like Indiana Jones looking for those under the chin hairs..:)
When I first started bemoaning the plague of unwanted facial hair, he cavalierly suggested that I "just grow it out", along with my leg and underarm hair......after I shot him THE LOOK (you know the one) he gallantly offered to be my official Plucker. LOL

(He also copped a plea of temporary insanity due to his French heritage for even proffering such a ridiculous idea.)
Old 09-08-2011, 07:40 AM

This has been a hoot to read! I have laughed so hard and loud reading this whole post! And that's because I am in the same hairy mess as the rest of you. I am horrified to see that some of my peach fuzz has grown so long. And the hair on my chin grows in hours I swear. I have noticed one thing. No one uses that stinky Nair for the face. No pulling needed with the tweezers, no ouchs with that spring thingy, just a bad smell. However, the hairs are kept at bay for at least a little bit longer. I use it, and then I might use my tweezers when the first hairs show their ugly faces , but then back I go back to the Nair and get those suckers with a vengeance. At least my facial hair is blonde and white. But how it glistens in the sun :lol:
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
I wish it were only peach fuzz! The wonderful thing about this Board is we find that we are not alone!
That is why I found this place by accident.. All my peeps were here and I could relate hahah