Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
where do you buy your jeans? >

where do you buy your jeans?

where do you buy your jeans?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 AM

I get mine at The Avenue, a plus sized store.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 AM

Amanda jeans by Gloria Vanderbult are for me too. It is so hard to find pants that come to my waist. Cannot stand it if they don't. Kohls using the coupon. Great deal.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Originally Posted by max's grandma
Originally Posted by SUZAG
I really like the Gloria Vanderbuilt "Amanda" jeans. I've gotten them at Sears before. They come in a lot of colors and I am able to wear them to work.
I also love these jeans, I get them at Shopko.
Me too, I love the Amanda jeans. I wait for a good coupon before I buy them at Kohl's. I also find some decent jeans - must have coupon at Avenue. I'm a size 14/short woman. I don't want girls jeans.
I don't know if the ones that I get are Amanda but they are from Gloria Vanderbuilt and I love them. They have just enough stretch to them that isn't confining and they stay up. I can't wear low waisted pants because as my daughter tells me I have no butt; I have to wear a belt with them no matter how tight they are. With GV jeans I love the different colors available; they go around my waist, not my hips. Plus I'm about 5ft tall and wear a size 6 so I love that they make them for short people and I never have to hem them. I get mine at BJ's Wholesale for under $20 and they last forever.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 AM
JT

Walmart sells Lee rider jeans, also the Walmart brand, Faded Glory. Both work for me...grown up jeans.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
I cannot find jeans that fit!! Have tried many different brands but no luck. I'm 5', weigh 125#, have a 33" waist and no butt at all - which means they either fit in the waist and the butt bags to the knees or the butt fits but I can't get 'em zipped. I buy mens/boys Lees and Levis but they no longer fit either. Does this mean I have to go polyester .............. please, NO!
Newport News has several styles of their brand "Jeanology". You might find something there that would fit you. Click on "fashion", scroll down, click on "jeans".
http://www.newport-news.com/default.aspx
Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 AM

Fashion Bug
Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM

Amanda jeans are the best fit for me to love them
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
My answer will not be too helpful for most, but I buy mine in the boys dept at Sears. Cheaper than the ladies' jeans, and I get what they call "kid vantage" points because they are children's
Ohhhhhhhhh to die for that size- I can't remember the day I'd have fit into them - I'm not huge, but sure way beyond any child size - thanks for the info though to any lucky person that can wear a small size - I can only wish!!! :)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:15 AM

I've had the best luck with Style & Co at Macy's. Misses & womens sizes, S & R lengths. The reg. length is good for me and I'm 5-10. Comfortable, don't stretch out, don't fade and last forever. I like the Straight Leg best, also have a boot cut. Often less than $30 on sale. IMHO made better than CC and other fashion jeans I've tried. :)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by SUZAG
I really like the Gloria Vanderbuilt "Amanda" jeans. I've gotten them at Sears before. They come in a lot of colors and I am able to wear them to work.
Just brought a pair of Amanda jean. Fit perfect. Went back to BJ Wholesale and got a second pair.