In Hiding

Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by mem123
When I joined I listed my state, New Hampshire, but when I respond in a forum my 'Location: in hiding' comes up.....
Hoping to be of some help here...the choice is definitely yours.
At the top of the Quilting Board page you should see titles...click on My Profile...it will take you to a place where you can give as much or as little info about yourself as you would like to share...just be sure to click on the update info when you're done with the location section. That should take care of your "in hiding".
Somedays I wonder if I'll ever figure out all the stuff the Board has to offer...it is truly a wonderland!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:52 PM

A lot of people know me by my user name - Bares. We are (were the Bear Family) My hubby was nicknamed Uncle Bear by his niece. I named my now deceased fur baby kitty, Boo Bear and when I got a screen name I didn't want to use the name they wanted to assign me so I used BaresHoney. BearsHoney was taken so I just used a variation. So we became the Bear Family. My now kitty is Snoozer Snuggles Bear. (He sleeps alot and is a real lover) LOL

Originally Posted by Dora Taggart
Hey lets guess who I am and where I am.....same thing with user names why bother??
Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 AM

[quote=BARES]Personally I was just too lazy to fill this part out. I would like to know where more people are from too. I am near the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles County, California

I'm not unfamiliar with being lazy about a lot of things...but I can't help being shocked by reading your registration date and seeing how few times you've posted? I'm curious beyond imagination as to how you could have been quiet for that long...I would have had to say something a bit more often than that, as we can all see by lookin'. Please, I need some relief from trying to figure this one out....any old story would be better than nothing at this point. Glad you're posting, by the way.
:thumbup:
Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 AM

Hi Butterfly ,
I am a newer one here too and I like to see where everyone is and I also think it would be nice to have where theyare from.
ConnieF
Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Ellen I agree with you and Butterflywings same feelings.

Maybe it is us older ladies...

ConnieF
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
Ellen I agree with you and Butterflywings same feelings.

Maybe it is us older ladies...

ConnieF

hahahha ConnieF---not too much "older", I hope.....hahahha
Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by BARES
Personally I was just too lazy to fill this part out. I would like to know where more people are from too. I am near the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles County, California

i was there last xmas-new years holiday and the country there was so nice and temperate. i couldn't believe the change from new jersey. not to mention the rose bowl parade was glorious.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
Hi Butterfly ,
I am a newer one here too and I like to see where everyone is and I also think it would be nice to have where theyare from.
ConnieF

welcome! nice to have you with us from wherever you're from :lol:
we like to know also.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Right after I registered my brother-in-law dropped dead of a heart attack. He was 36 yrs old and had never seemingly been sick. Then I got a dx of a major illness. Had to quit my job and go on disability. The meds played hell with my body - major depression followed. I spent time in the hospital for surgery, etc. Then a year and a half ago I lost a friend that was like a father in April, my mother died in June, my sister died in July, a friend died in September, I fell and majorly injured my butt and back in October, November another friend died, December another brother died, and hubbys youngest brother committed the big S. He was 2 years old when hubby and I married and in January a woman that was like a second mom died. I also lost my precious kitty Boo, three years ago and it took a year before I found out he died. He meant more to me than anything else I have. I finally feel like I am starting to live again.

The meds slowed down my metabolism and I gained weight. I got up to almost 300 lbs. I am not blaming the meds, but it would have been nice to know my system was slower. I could have had the opportunity to change my eating habits. (I may not have -- probably wouldn't have -- eaten less but I would have known). My hair fell out and people who "loved" me treated me like I was too stupid to have anything valuable to share. So I avoided everyone and everything. I certainly didn't want to try to 'talk' on a message board where I didn't know anyone, and didn't want criticism from strangers. That would have been my impression in my frame of mind. I feel like I am finally starting to live again.

So that is my story -- in a nutshell.

[quote=Bobbinwinder]
Personally I was just too lazy to fill this part out. I would like to know where more people are from too. I am near the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles County, California

I'm not unfamiliar with being lazy about a lot of things...but I can't help being shocked by reading your registration date and seeing how few times you've posted? I'm curious beyond imagination as to how you could have been quiet for that long...I would have had to say something a bit more often than that, as we can all see by lookin'. Please, I need some relief from trying to figure this one out....any old story would be better than nothing at this point. Glad you're posting, by the way.
:thumbup:
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM

I know what you are saying about the weather. I am originally from Indiana and the weather is very nice here in CA. The parade is always beautiful -- only wish I could see it. LOL

Originally Posted by butterflywing

i was there last xmas-new years holiday and the country there was so nice and temperate. i couldn't believe the change from new jersey. not to mention the rose bowl parade was glorious.