"Weigh In Reward Program"

Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by Lneal
Newest update: The total weight loss for the month of February is 55.7 lbs That gives us a running total loss of 131.3 lbs!!!
Congratulations to ..... janRN QuiltMom QuiltingGrannie Lneal Quilt4u lhavelka carolevidak truepeach laparshall MrsMel ranger quiltylori WAY TO GO GIRLS !!

NEW UPDATE!!
We are Rock Stars!
Gold stars for all of you! Great job! :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
I was just wondering, how do you cook for your family? Do you eat different from them? I cook for myself and than make a dinner for huubby & my son. I have a friend who went on a diet and won't alow nothing into her house except for what she eats, if hubby wants something special he has to go out and buy it and can not bring it into the house, I could never do that to my hubby. We do eat lots of fruits & veggies, but he love his goddies as well, guess we all do??
My DH and I are both on diets and each on different diet programs! We also work different shifts and eat at different times. He is on a modified atkins diet, I'm watching my calories and cut out all (most) sweets and junk food. We just make it work and are enjoying the weight loss.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Well, this is really great, I don't eat much red meat either, I do love chicken but haven't even eaten much of it latly either, been having lots of salads, I love some of the Kashie products.
They do have some wonderful snacks with low cal. I try and eat small meals several times a day. I also have some milk every now & than and I've never drank milk??
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I was just wondering, how do you cook for your family? Do you eat different from them? I cook for myself and than make a dinner for huubby & my son. I have a friend who went on a diet and won't alow nothing into her house except for what she eats, if hubby wants something special he has to go out and buy it and can not bring it into the house, I could never do that to my hubby. We do eat lots of fruits & veggies, but he love his goddies as well, guess we all do??
Are you doing WW? I cook everyday but my passion is cooking more so then even quilting. My DD has to gain weight so that is REALLY hard but I cook for both of us. For instance, last night I made meatloaf with potatoes and broccoli. I had the meatloaf with plain steamed broccoli and the potatoes were boiled for mashed potatoes. I took my potatoes before I mashed then and put a sprinkle of salt on them. I then put tons of butter and heavy cream yes heavy cream in the remainder of the potatoes to make DD mashed potatoes. My DD loves her snacks and now is not the time to not have any in the house. I make snacks for me. 1/2 cup of peaches with 1/4 package instant oatmeal put in the toaster oven until golden and you have peach crisp while DD is having peach pie. You just have to trick your brain and stomach, you can still have goodies. Popcorn instead of potato chips. Need chocolate swirl a spoonfull of hot cocoa mix into a cup of coffee. Since I am doing calories at the end of the day when I am running out of my alloted calories for the day I will have 2 crackers with the smallest amount of jam and a cup of hot cinnamon/orange tea. The jam gives me the sweetness I need, the tea will fill my tummy. Also cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. Actually in the morning I fill a pitcher with 64 oz (my 8 8oz glasses for the day)of water and I add about a tablespoon of cinnamon to the water and drink that all day. I know people snack on grapes but grapes have a high calorie count there are other things that are better to snack on. Strawberries or blueberries should be in season soon those are good. One of my all time favorites is cherry tomatoes, I pop them in my mouth like candy. Make a low cal dip with veggies and replace your cream cheese mayo and sour cream with YOCHEESE. Yocheese is a soft creamy substance that takes on the flavor of whever it is mixed with so you only have to use 1/2 as much mayo etc. I live on the stuff now that I am dieting. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Are you doing WW? I cook everyday but my passion is cooking more so then even quilting. My DD has to gain weight so that is REALLY hard but I cook for both of us. For instance, last night I made meatloaf with potatoes and broccoli. I had the meatloaf with plain steamed broccoli and the potatoes were boiled for mashed potatoes. I took my potatoes before I mashed then and put a sprinkle of salt on them. I then put tons of butter and heavy cream yes heavy cream in the remainder of the potatoes to make DD mashed potatoes. My DD loves her snacks and now is not the time to not have any in the house. I make snacks for me. 1/2 cup of peaches with 1/4 package instant oatmeal put in the toaster oven until golden and you have peach crisp while DD is having peach pie. You just have to trick your brain and stomach, you can still have goodies. Popcorn instead of potato chips. Need chocolate swirl a spoonfull of hot cocoa mix into a cup of coffee. Since I am doing calories at the end of the day when I am running out of my alloted calories for the day I will have 2 crackers with the smallest amount of jam and a cup of hot cinnamon/orange tea. The jam gives me the sweetness I need, the tea will fill my tummy. Also cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. Actually in the morning I fill a pitcher with 64 oz (my 8 8oz glasses for the day)of water and I add about a tablespoon of cinnamon to the water and drink that all day. I know people snack on grapes but grapes have a high calorie count there are other things that are better to snack on. Strawberries or blueberries should be in season soon those are good. One of my all time favorites is cherry tomatoes, I pop them in my mouth like candy. Make a low cal dip with veggies and replace your cream cheese mayo and sour cream with YOCHEESE. Yocheese is a soft creamy substance that takes on the flavor of whever it is mixed with so you only have to use 1/2 as much mayo etc. I live on the stuff now that I am dieting. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
WOW, some of these sound great, I made meatloaf yesterday as well. Cinnamon is very good for you, you can also take a small apple and nuch it for 3-minutes in a little water, sprinkle with cinnamond and is super snack. I love the cheey tomatoes as well, I grow mine in the summer and just eat them all day, I can only get tomatoe's & cumbers to grow, I live on swamp lands and everything else just rots!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM

Alright Ive started working out!! Little soar here and there...but feels good to get moving...still waiting on the before pics :)
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM

I meant....sore....
Old 03-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by CrystalKicks
I meant....sore....
Are you going to a gym? Or at home? I just went back to the gym after three months, boy have to start all over again weight wise. Some of my legs I could press 60-90lbs, now back at 35lbs, bummer!!! Some I can still do at 120Lbs,
Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Oops! Wrong thread. Sorry.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM

I just need accountability ... I'm in... ok, I won't turn down the fat quarters :D
happy losing :D