Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Cabinet....Should I pull the trigger? >

Sewing Cabinet....Should I pull the trigger?

Sewing Cabinet....Should I pull the trigger?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janice4
I am thankful for the wonderful people I have met here but I am now gone from this group... .. this is to much for me. I am saddened that a private matter has been brought to the public by a person who has little compassion... and gets joy from inflicting even more pain once it has been brought to his attention how it can hurt people. Suicide affect someone every 17 minutes I pray none of you experience this in your families !
Janice please don't leave the group, I am senative to certain things to, and maybe a simple I am sorry would of done it. but things are said often in life that hurt us. just like when someone said they don't do swaps because they use better fabric. I am poor for the first time in my life. and it hurts me greatly to have to ask for fabric to learn to quilt when just a year ago I could have bought half the store out. there are things out of our control, and that site you showed was very degrading to you and to me, but people view things diffrently. look at me I cant even spell. Penny
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Hello...I agree with some of the others, have a look at Trading Post, freecycle and estate sales. There are many beautiful, solid pieces of furniture which can be modified very easily to suit your particular needs. Can't help it, but I am just not a lover of laminate, light-weight or flat-pack furniture, considering the construction and materials, they appear quite costly. Must admit though, they do offer many people just the modern set up they are looking for and many of the people who have posted find they work beautifully. Let us know how you get on.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by janice4
I am thankful for the wonderful people I have met here but I am now gone from this group... .. this is to much for me. I am saddened that a private matter has been brought to the public by a person who has little compassion... and gets joy from inflicting even more pain once it has been brought to his attention how it can hurt people. Suicide affect someone every 17 minutes I pray none of you experience this in your families !
Janice, first off I would like to extend my sympathies for your loss and pain. Please don't leave; its obvious from the number of your posts over the past few month that you have a lot to contribute to the rest of us. I don't know you nor do I know Michael so I'm not trying to defend anyone. A simply apology for what you found offensive would have been sufficient. Don't let someone else's choice of words dictate your involvement in what you so obviously enjoy. This has become a "fubar". Try to chalk it up to insensitivity or political incorrectness; those who haven't experienced such tragedy couldn't possibly have a clue. And Penny, hang in there. We've been there, done that. Keep the Faith - It does get better, eventually.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Yep! 'bought mine at WalMart too - it is "wood grain" and reverse of the layout from JoAnns. I like it alot - save some money and get THAT one!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:20 AM

I also bought one from Walmart. I liked it so much that I bought my daughter one and 2 of my quilting friends have also bought it.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:27 AM

Go to the Walmart web site & search sewing table and the one for $99.00 is the one I have .
Old 04-10-2010, 06:16 AM

Take a bit more time and happy hunting! I, too, would try Craig'slist - even put an ad on the "Wanted" site. Look at Ebay, also - ya never know. I think you can do better than the WalMart cabinet if you have some time.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Amen
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 AM

I have the Wal-Mart one. I got it at Christmas time for $75 plus free site to store shipping. Hubby cut a hole in it and put a shelf at the perfect height for my sewing machine. It does have wheels on it but it only rolls when it's all folded up. It is very sturdy & was exactly what I was looking for at a much better price than anything else I saw. Sure, I'd love to have a Horn, Koala or Roberts but I can't pay more for a cabinet than I did for all my sewing machines combined!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I have the Wal-Mart one. I got it at Christmas time for $75 plus free site to store shipping. Hubby cut a hole in it and put a shelf at the perfect height for my sewing machine. It does have wheels on it but it only rolls when it's all folded up. It is very sturdy & was exactly what I was looking for at a much better price than anything else I saw. Sure, I'd love to have a Horn, Koala or Roberts but I can't pay more for a cabinet than I did for all my sewing machines combined!

Beverly, I am very interested in how your DH cut the hole for your machine. I use a very sturdy banquet/conference table that my machine sets on. I have a dreamworld acrylic extension table for it. If my machine *set down* in the table, it would be the perfect height. Could your husband explain how exactly he modified your table? I would love to do this to mine if it is not to complicated for my poor ole brain to comprehend! :lol:
Thanks!