Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010 >

Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 AM

Sewhappy30, I am so glad that you are reaching for the stars in your quilting! From what the others have said, the patterns are precise, but if you follow them, you will not have a problem. Another piece of advice was to cut your fabric, assemble the little block pieces, then lay the entire block out. It seemed to help when putting things together. The ones posted are beautiful. And you are correct, be (NIKE) and Just Do It.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM

I certainly hope not, your blocks are beautiful. I like the block's the way they are. This is going to make a beautiful quilt.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 AM

Kristen, your blocks are beautiful as they are. Since your blocks are different, it may be when I swap them out, someone may get two of yours, instead of just one. Don't redo any of them, as they are really nice. Just for future blocks, please make your blocks identical. With only 8 blocks to choose from, we have several of the same patterns being used.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Kristen, your blocks are beautiful as they are. Since your blocks are different, it may be when I swap them out, someone may get two of yours, instead of just one. Don't redo any of them, as they are really nice. Just for future blocks, please make your blocks identical. With only 8 blocks to choose from, we have several of the same patterns being used.
I am so sorry I didn't understand it correctly or catch the other gals question and the answer. I will attach a hot pink sticky note and pin it to make sure it doesn't fall off, to each of my blocks and hopefully that will help you identify them.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by homecaregiver
I have printed off the pattern and have gotten a couple pieces of fabric ready but that is all. Seriously have to get moving on this. All the blocks I have seen on here look absolutly beautiful, and hoping mine will look that way also. We will see.
Please, all of you, remember that this swap is open to EVERYONE OF ALL SKILL LEVEL. Yes, it is a specific pattern with specific colors. Directions are complete and concise. Yes, we do have beginners who are trying to gain skill. Yes, we do have intermediate and advanced quilters. Everyone of us started at the same place. As a quilting family, encourage, encourage, encourage and praise........

Thanks for your kind words, I have been watching this swap and would love to participate, but I consider myself a beginner and would not want to disappoint anyone with my blocks. I need to have more confidence in myself.

I have even went as far as printing off a pattern for Carolyn's Star. It looked pretty simple.

I'm going to the fabric store this weekend and taking the pattern with me, if I can get up my nerve I'm going to make one first before I committ to the swap, but if it turns out I'm going to jump in and hope for the best. I think I still have plenty of time to get them done before the deadline.

Again thank you for the encouragement and for me realizing that things don't have to be perfect as long as I do my best. The only way to learn is...to just do it.
If I can do it you can :-) I got confused, and I ripped out stitches but I got it done - well almost done I still have 2 more to make and for the novelty I think I will make them alike since I screwed that up too. You can do it. I printed my pattern out in black & white, so the colors all showed in black, gray and white (my printer/photo copier is only black & white). I wrote the color and put a color dot using markers next to the example when I was cutting it helped keep me from being as confused. Then I laid out the pieces to resemble the block before I sewed it that helped a lot. Looking forward to seeing a picture soon.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:12 AM

My first post and I'm already signing up for something! Sign me up for Ellen's Star.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
My first post and I'm already signing up for something! Sign me up for Ellen's Star.
Welcome! Glad you are joining us.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:11 PM

thanks deb for hosting two beautiful swaps that i prarticipated in. balloons and stars. you make it so easy.
malke
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Jeanine, great to have you aboard. Hope U post pic of your block when U get one made.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:13 PM

Welcome to the swap Jeanine! I am looking forward to seeing all the different colors in the stars.