Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband says I am not a quilter... >

My husband says I am not a quilter...

My husband says I am not a quilter...

Old 08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!
How big is your bin? I wouldn't mind trading a UPS $4.95 box of scraps with you.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Bev

[quote=Grandmama Pat]I keep getting new fabrics because I don't want to cut into the fabric I have stashed. Isn't that sick? I buy fabric I love and then don't want to use it because I'm afraid a project will come along that will be perfect for it and then it would be used up. quote/]

Oh my gosh, that sounds like me. I have a gorgeous piece of turkey red and white fabric from the fifties when they used to use a heavier kind of cotton. I think, but I'm not sure, that it was called Indian Head?? Anyhow, I bought it on ebay thinking I'd make a beautiful tablecloth with it. I bought some white to go with the creamy white in the fabric, but I never have found the exactly "right" pattern to use. Every once in a while I take that fabric out of its hiding space and fondle it, then put it back.
Is this sick or what!? 8-)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM

We'll just say it's being "selective" for the time being. I have a cross-stitched tablecloth that I started about 28 years ago. I get it out and do a little on it every now and then, but I can't just sit and do that kind of handwork anymore (carpel tunnel and arthritis in my hands). I'm probably about 3/4 way around it now, so maybe some day I'll get to enjoy it. I just keep putting it on the back burner and creating something else that's a lot more fun for me. But, when you use your fabric that you love so much and then it's gone and you can't get more, that's what I worry about. What if I want to make something else with that fabric... can't do it, it's gone!!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Do you mean we're supposed to Use the fabric we buy??? I thought I could just sit and look at it. That's not quilting??
Old 08-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by Navy Wife
Do you mean we're supposed to Use the fabric we buy??? I thought I could just sit and look at it. That's not quilting??
FOFLMAO!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Ditto!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 AM

When I started quilting a few years ago, I swore up and down that I would not start a new project until the current project was completed. That lasted about 20 minutes. Currently, I've got 4 projects in various stages of completion, fabric gathered for another 4-5 projects, and buckets of fabric for "just in case." I think I need an intervention. My husband, bless him, just smiles....
Old 08-27-2010, 10:43 AM

Overwhelmed is a good word to descibe it. I have so many projects lined up, that is the way i feel about it. So I am laying low at the quilt shops until I get some of it done.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have ever used the flynn quilting frame system for machine quilting and if so what do you think? I'm not sure if this is were I was supposed to ask this question but it's what I could find. If this is the wrong place please let me know. Thanks alot.
Rockingranny
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM

you're not alone