Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one??? >

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one???

Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
Been there, done that....

then, and then.... little children grow up in about two seconds and three minutes after that they are out on their own!

And then you get a room all to yourself for sewing... where you make quilts for the kids who left, and their spouses, and their children...
I am exactly the same...
Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

I have my own sewing room but guess what?? I keep using the kitchen table to cut, sometimes I set up my Featherweight to sew. There's something about being in the kitchen that makes me happy when I sew. All summer I watched the baseball games on TV and my kitchen was a wreck. Sewing stuff all over. I don't have a TV in my sewing room and don't want one.
I think I just like to sew in the kitchen :D
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM

my first sewing area was given to me by my mother in our dining room. She had a corner spot with homemade sewing table for her Featherweight When I received my Singer 401A (long story) she took out sideboard in bay area window and my uncle made me a sewing table with drawers to fill in this space. Just for me! Now a room between new add-on bedroom and rest of house is my sewing, computer, ironing room. People just have to deal with it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Me too...some days it is just too much work for me to cart everything to an available space... :thumbdown:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:21 AM

I have stuff all over the house
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
ME ME ME. I use a small corner in the living room to sew.I use the kitchen table to do my cutting and pressing.Have quilt supplies stored in different places.Someday I;ll have my sewing room back
same here, I wish I had a BIG house, if that makes u feel comfortable :lol:
Old 11-09-2010, 12:49 PM

I'm lucky enough to have a sewing room, but as of right now my husband is setting up my Grace frame (10 feet) so it is taking up alot of room. I think my iroing board will have to be in another room but that also has some of my fabric in it plus my batting. So I will be spread out even more. One thing I will have all 4 of my sewing/serger machines in my room.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 PM

I am in the same boat as you. I haul out the machine to the kitchen after cleaning up after supper. I iron in the bedroom, and I use the diningroom table to lay out the pieces. You are not alone!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 PM

cjtinkle, I am so with you on your space. We lived in our 5th wheel for 4 years while moving from location to location on the job. I even learned how to set it all up outdoors when the weather was nice. Now we are settled in our home again, and I have my studio back, and have already crammed that poor baby so full its pathetic. I promise to make a New Year's resolution to get organized. Ha Fat chance of that.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Thequiltmama no you are not the only one. We currently live in a 1 bedroom cottage. I have to bring out my sewing machine and set it up on the only table I have which is 1 square metre table (the size of a card table) and cut on the kitchen bench. Whenever anyone wants to eat something (and they always want to the minute I set up) I have to move everything. I also have to pack everything up and stack it just inside our bedroom door with the mat and rulers going on the floor under our bed. Well this is what I had been doing for the past 2 years , only the other week I got fed up and set up my sewing machine in a corner of the lounge in our under construction house next door to the cottage. Had hubby reinforce one of the trestle tables so I could cut on it and set it up at right angles to the sewing machine table. Monday I sewed a pocket in some table protector cloth which I had bought and he hung it against the bedroom wall frame facing in to the lounge so I now have a design wall set up as well. I made a cover for my sewing machine/table and use a table cloth to cover the cutting table. Am so very happy to be able to leave it all out in place for the next time I decide I want to sew. Of course I know I will eventually have to move it all again once we start rebuilding but hey, for now it is great. :lol: