Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-13-2010, 06:43 PM

My doctor told me that some of my problems go with my birth - date...I have a laugh each time I do stuff like that...makes me clean - up every now and then.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by donnaree59
I used to laugh when my momma lost something...She'd always say it was "put up"... So now, whenever I lose something and can't find it, I say I "put it up", and someday I will find it!
Yes, our expression is, "It's in a safe place"!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:16 PM

I think this happens to a lot of us whether we are quilters or not. :o)
Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Love all the comments..I am looking for my fav pin cushion... a wrist one I have had for MANY years (since I sewed for Stretch and Sew - which pin cushion it is} I have two and now both are lost...I am lost with out them..and they are not replaceable..I have looked online of offline..no luck. Guess I will have to clean house to find them..but am I that desperate..LOL
Old 11-13-2010, 07:55 PM

This morning I was looking for a large piece of paper with fabric yardages and strips stapled to it that I am using for Christmas aprons. Looked pretty much everywhere and decided to give up and just take the rest of the strips I had cut off and start over with the matching. Moved one last piece of material on the back of the couch, and there was the list-on a small piece of paper and no strips stapled to it. Guess I just imagined I was that organized. Oh, well... that's my reality and I think I am stuck with it. :lol:
Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 PM

I cleared off my sewing cabinet on Friday and I found all sorts of things that I've been looking for since the last time it got cleaned. :roll:
I'm machine quilting charity baby quilt and didn't want to quilt anything extra into the back of it. Some child has a quilt that has a 4" square quilted into the back of it. :shock: :oops:
Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. .....
Maybe the dog put them in there hoping to trick you into getting out of bed....
Old 11-13-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....

After I do something like that I think I'm about ready for the rubber room so I can go in there and just scream and no one will know I've done anything soooo dumb. Now you can take a deep breath, blow it out, relax and start the project you were going to do with the now found fabric. Here we can all laugh about doing these things because most of us are guilty of doing the same thing at one time or another.

You're among friends here...LOL
Andie :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by kathidahl
Love all the comments..I am looking for my fav pin cushion... a wrist one I have had for MANY years (since I sewed for Stretch and Sew - which pin cushion it is} I have two and now both are lost...I am lost with out them..and they are not replaceable..I have looked online of offline..no luck. Guess I will have to clean house to find them..but am I that desperate..LOL
LOL...I just read my post...talk about rambling language and mis-spelled words. A note to me: read your post before you hit SEND.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:59 PM

After exhausting logical places for lost items, I check the refrigerator. It is amazing what I find there sometimes. LOL
Kaye