Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there a pill for this? >

Is there a pill for this?

Is there a pill for this?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Well you guys whatever it is I got it too!!! And I got it bad. So I've started my chocolate regiume. LOL!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 PM

LOL Katie:
How funny. And yes, Dolly does still have her coat of many colors. I recently watched her on The Nate Berkus Show. She teamed up with Nate to help a deserving woman who lost her husband. Anyway, they talked about Dollywood and the house she grew up in. She bought that house and restored it back to the way it was when she lived there. She said she spent $2 million to make it look like she didn't spend anything restoring it. She has the coat on display in the house.

If there's a pill I need to know. If not, and chocolate is the only cure I'm well medicated.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
Yes, a mental disorder called Quiltitis.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: LOL think that's the first time, have had a solid diagnosis LOL :shock:
Old 12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Cyn

Take the chocolate and then make a quilt!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 PM

I absolutely have this disorder!!! My DH is amazed that we can go ANYWHERE and I see SOMETHING SOMEWHERE that actually has the work "quilt" in it!! Tractor supply? Certainly, several "good old days" type magazines with quilting articles in it...Lowe's? Certainly, a tile design that actually stated it was derived from a quilt block...grocery store? of course!! lots of Q mags at the grocery store...he says I have "quilt-radar"...which is OK, b/c he has "deer radar" (he's a deer hunter).
No, there is no known cure, chocolate is just a placebo!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
The other night my DH made a pizza, which he does far to often. He cooks, I clean up. Works great. But while I was washing the pizza cutter, the only thing that came to mind was...oh my goodness I wonder how this would work cutting material. I didn't ofcourse, but the brain is only working one way right now. Then the other night was watching Christmas at Rockefeller center. It was really nice, but when the program ended and the peacock showed up...all I could think about was, on my goodness it's 1/2 Dresden plate. Then just a few minutes ago Wendy's Quilts a member here posted a picture of her puppy wearing his new "coat of many colors" then that made me think....Oh my goodness does Dolly Parton still have her coat of many colors she sang about, and would she now understand just how lucky she was.

I think I really need a pill.....or maybe just chocolate.
Man girl are you like the rest of us you are really hooked...That is not a bad thing, really it is a good one especiall for great ideas. Eat the Chocolate it eaiser but then draw out your plans while they are fresh in your mind then rest a while and go for it again. HA HA HA yep you are hooked. quiltitis, quiltpox or what ever it's you'rs girl....
Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM

They really are. I have a floor lamp whose shade I hate. Never really thought about buying a shade I like. Anyway to make a long story short, I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and saw a frame (found out later it was a frame for a topiary). It was metal and had three spokes that swirled around the inside. The idea I got sprung to life. Bought it then went to the place I use for new lampshades (custom shades). We worked with several different ideas. Then one lady said, why not set a cylinder inside the frame. Perfect idea. Now I will have a floor lamp that looks like an ancient lamplighter. Under it will be my oriental Hibiscus plant and will use a low watt grow light. Yes, quiltingis just great. How else could I have envisioned that kind of a light for a floor lamp. Will send picture when shade is finished and I pick it up. I'm so excited, but have to get busy have a table runner that has to go to UPS tomorrow. Bye for now!

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
I agree! They're everywhere!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Happy to know quilters are of the genius variety. Remember the poem by Joyce Kilmer (Trees). I know that I can find a quilt design every time I see a tree.

Originally Posted by sahm4605
Its awful. I am going to the restroom and looking around and just thinking about how the tiles or whatever would make a wonderful block in a quilt or even a whole quilt. I think its a sign of a very great mind. like Einstein or something
Old 12-03-2010, 02:06 PM

I do the same thing I glad I'm not the only one
Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Well, I must have it too, because I saw a foldy origami airplane pattern and used it to make a quilt block!