Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is one of the handiest little tools you have in your sewing room? >

What is one of the handiest little tools you have in your sewing room?

What is one of the handiest little tools you have in your sewing room?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Mine is probably my mustache trimmer. Yep, I said mustache trimmer!! Battery operated so I can take it wherever I need to. I use it to tear out mistakes. Turn it upside down so the teeth don't catch the fabric and run it along the threads of the seam you want to tear out! Voila! So fast.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM

My Sort Kwik!! It's that glycerin stuff that teller's use on their fingers to count money - it's great & doesn't leave any residue on the fabric!!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM

My Sort Kwik!! It's that glycerin stuff that teller's use on their fingers to count money - it's great & doesn't leave any residue on the fabric!!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 AM

hi i went to fabrics.com, the tool is now 35 cents now.lol but it looks like a good tool to have i think i will order it the next time i make out an order.. thanks for info. lorene
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM

I have a magnet that is really for use in canning. It is used to pick up jar lids from hot water and place on top of the jars. I used it to pick up pins from the floor and helps when you have to bend over to pick them up.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Ditto on the wrist pin cushion- I have been known to wear it around the house not realizing I had it on!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ragann63
Mine is probably my mustache trimmer. Yep, I said mustache trimmer!! Battery operated so I can take it wherever I need to. I use it to tear out mistakes. Turn it upside down so the teeth don't catch the fabric and run it along the threads of the seam you want to tear out! Voila! So fast.
Must be like the one I mentioned on page two. Aren't they the perfect seam ripper???
Old 12-07-2010, 11:46 AM

My favorite is my snippers. My grab its I have two of them and could use another one.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM

I love my Purple Thang, my magnetic 'wand' for picking up pins, and my door stops. That's right ... door stops.
The wedge-shaped rubber kind that holds the door open.

I buy the large ones, they come 2 to the pack and I even found some in white at Dollar Tree. Place them under the back of your machine, about 2" from each end)to tilt it forward at a more ergonomically correct angle. Cuts down on shoulder fatigure and I can still use my cabinet insert around my machine. They always go to class with me because classroom tables are never at cabinet height.

Peggy
Freezing in Florida
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by oldmountaincrafts
OK, don't laugh, but my favorite tool in my sewing room is my TV & DVR satellite box. I MUST have noise and something to occupy my brain while I sew/quilt and this does the trick. My DH will tell you, when I didn't have the TV in the room yet, I wouldn't stay in there for 30 minutes before getting up, now that the TV is in there I only came out for breaks on Saturday a few times and was in there sewing/quilting for more than 10 hours!!
Ditto