Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in the doldrums! >

I'm in the doldrums!

I'm in the doldrums!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:39 PM

i am there with you
Old 12-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Wow, thanks for all your thoughts, what a great bunch you are. I feel a real kinship with so many of you now. I am one of those cursed people who feels guilty if they're not "doing" something and like to finish the day feeling I have achieved something, even if its only cleaning a window. At my age who knows how much time there is to make and do all those things going round in my head. I need at least another 50 years. Anyway, the sun is out today, before more rain for the new year, so I can get out and commune with nature, a friend has just rung to arrange morning tea tomorrow, and I have a couple of hours sewing planned. Yay, I'm getting back on track, hope all of you are too. Goes to show we're all sisters under the skin wherever we live.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:00 PM

I am right there with you. Spent all morning cleaning out my scrap drawer because I couldn't decide on a pattern to start on. I may need to get away for a day to clean my head and start fresh new year's.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:18 PM

I'm in limbo. I too have completed the Christmas gifts and a couple wedding quilts thrown in. My sewing room is actually clean!! I found out what my cutting table really looks like. I have some ideas for a quilt for a friend who's birthday is in March. I'm trying to not start a new quilt till after the new year, but I have some time off from work Thursday and Friday, I don't know if I'll hold off. I also recieved some gift cards for JoAnn's so that where I'm off to on Thursday.

Hope you feel brighter soon!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 PM

It is universal!! For Christmas, my daughters asked for "happy lights". They simulate intense daylight in order to raise seratonin levels. I also opt for chocolate.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM

most likely you are feeling the letdown after all the buzz of activity for Christmas.

take some time to refresh yourself, smile and look at your 'to do' list and find something to get you excited again.

I'm sorta feeling the same way but desperately need to reorganize/clean my sewing area. That is what I am doing today and finding things that I want to get started on BUT I am putting it off until my area is newly clean and reorganized.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM

"Happy Lights" and extra vitamin D.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM

Yep-me too! Mine stems from having to put away all of the Christmas stuff myself. I have too much, and this year I have to down- size, but it's hard to do. I don't think I'll put up anything but a wreath next year!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:14 PM

My cabin fever doesn't set in until March. I love Jan/Feb no parties, just good comfort FOOD usually no company because of weather, time for sewing, good books in other words TIME FOR YOURS TRULY. Hang in there!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Caer Urfa
Wow, thanks for all your thoughts, what a great bunch you are. I feel a real kinship with so many of you now. I am one of those cursed people who feels guilty if they're not "doing" something and like to finish the day feeling I have achieved something, even if its only cleaning a window. At my age who knows how much time there is to make and do all those things going round in my head. I need at least another 50 years. Anyway, the sun is out today, before more rain for the new year, so I can get out and commune with nature, a friend has just rung to arrange morning tea tomorrow, and I have a couple of hours sewing planned. Yay, I'm getting back on track, hope all of you are too. Goes to show we're all sisters under the skin wherever we live.
If this helps, your message just made my day! It has been a stinker of a day, but it is almost over and all obstacles have been overcome. As my husband said, we will pull through this too. You have found wonderful group of people by being a member of this board. I just joined in October and have made a friend in Idaho that is as close to me as if I'd known her for years. I'm so happy to hear you are perking up, keep on "perking." We are all here for each other, I found that out in the first two weeks. When things get stinky just put out a call, we will be here for you.