middle name

Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 AM

I use a nickname of my first name mostly, but online I use a nickname of my middle name....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 AM
kbs

First name
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 AM

I grew up being called by my middle name Dawn. I hated that name with a passion.So when I finally moved away from family and NJ I used my first name. Sheila.Liked it much better. Only my stepmother calls me Dawn now.Dawn doesn't bother me anymore especially since it was also used as my granddaughters middle name. Camdelyn Dawn. It's just not me anymore.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 AM

Middle name due to the fact no one says my first correctly,even tho I love it.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Dix

My mom (76 years ago) and her best cousin/friend both were pregnant and liked the name Dixie Ann. They decided which ever delivered first got to use the name. She was born 3 weeks before me so she got the name. My name is Dixie Colleen, given to me by my German pgm. I love my middle name, but was only used in my hometown when we were growing up. She was always called Dixie Ann. She died 10 years from breast cancer, and I will always miss my friend!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 AM

I have one of those wonderful? southern double names! Mary Sue. My Daddy always called me Sue, Susie or SusieQ but Mother and her family called me Mary Sue. When I went to school, the teacher called "Mary" and I didn't answer so I got in trouble. No one had ever called me "Mary". I then decided I would be Sue. Several years ago I started using the two names without a space. That works for doctor offices, etc. Like the other Sue, I hate that song, A Boy Named Sue. People do not believe my name is just Sue and want to use Susan or Suzanne. Both of my names are family names. When I was born I had an Aunt Mary, a Great-Aunt Mary and a Great-Great Aunt Mary. My sister had all boys so it stopped. (They are all glad!) The Sue is for my GreatGrandmother who was a quilter. The problem with Sue is there are so many of them!! Every place I have worked there has been 2-5 of us. So I wanted my girls to have unique names. Denise (Denni), Dynell, Dalene and Denette. Dynell is pronounced with the first syllable like Denise. Dalene is the end of Mary Magdalene (named after a friend of my Aunts).
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM

I was the sixth first daughter named Margaret. We all have/had a different middle name. My daughter is the seventh. She has three boys and so it ends. I go by the Irish nickname Peggy.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 AM

First name is Elizabeth, was called Betty Anne from childhood and now it is just Betty. Hated Elizabeth when I was a kid and now I rather wish I'd used it.

When in the recovery room, after surgery, they keep calling out "Elizabeth, cough." or "Wake up Elizabeth." I always wondered who they were talking to.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 AM

My first name is Kathleen, but very few people call me Kathleen. I have always been called Kathy. My
Dad's silver baby cup had Keith engraved on it and several years before he passed away he had an engrave change Keith to Kathleen.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM

First and second.......MaryJane