Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 AM

I wish I would have known about this before! :D I've lost 60 pounds and only have another 5 to lose. Bummer!
    Old 03-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by winterpromise31
    I wish I would have known about this before! :D I've lost 60 pounds and only have another 5 to lose. Bummer!
    WOW I am very impressed 55 pounds lost!!! Congratulations
    Old 03-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Slow but steady wins the race. Good job Quilting Nana!
    Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 PM
    Power Poster

anybody got one of those healthometer scales? I have to get on mine very "easy" and do it several times to get the same number twice.
    Then I write it on a pad. Scale is a bit frustrating at times, since it's only four months old.
    Good new is, I have managed to lose 8 pounds with thyroid bouncing around.
    I was forced to cut waaaay down on food, bc b.p. was giving me headaches! What a way to lose!!!! :shock:
    Old 03-19-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Just wondering will I make all the same blocks or a different one each month. Does anyone know if there is a pattern that could be used for losing lb. You know like Jacobs Ladder isn't really a ladder but kind of looks like one. Or monkey wrench looks like a wrench is there a pattern for scales?????? maybe broken dishs would be a good one. Just thinking out loud here.

Thanks for doing this Christina it is a nice spin off of the weight loss challenge.
    disappearing 9 patch lol
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 AM

I had a mini weight loss goal for today and I have not achieved it. Since October when I got going on my healthier lifestyle I have remained positive through all the ups and downs. Today, stepping on the scale has really hit me hard. I know it's a small gain, I know I can do better tomorrow, I know I just need to persevere, but I am so tired of it. Everyone here has been so supportive and I hope you don't mind the venting. I don't want to give up but i am tired of thinking about everything I eat. i'm tired of walking when i could drive. I'm tired of passing up the snacks at work and the glass of wine with supper. Most of all I am tired of working 80 hour weeks at a place i am no longer sure I wantt o be at. I will feel sorry for myself today and then suck t up and move on tomorrow. In another month my hours will go down at work and I get to go on a vacation to see my daughter! Thanks all, Positive Marymc will be back soon!
    Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
    I had a mini weight loss goal for today and I have not achieved it. Since October when I got going on my healthier lifestyle I have remained positive through all the ups and downs. Today, stepping on the scale has really hit me hard. I know it's a small gain, I know I can do better tomorrow, I know I just need to persevere, but I am so tired of it. Everyone here has been so supportive and I hope you don't mind the venting. I don't want to give up but i am tired of thinking about everything I eat. i'm tired of walking when i could drive. I'm tired of passing up the snacks at work and the glass of wine with supper. Most of all I am tired of working 80 hour weeks at a place i am no longer sure I wantt o be at. I will feel sorry for myself today and then suck t up and move on tomorrow. In another month my hours will go down at work and I get to go on a vacation to see my daughter! Thanks all, Positive Marymc will be back soon!
    OK now you have vented. Feel better??? Now get back on that horse and ride like the wind!!!
    You can do it and you will.
    Maybe if you wrote down everything you eat you can see where you can cut back??
    Not criticizing just a suggestion.
    Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
    I don't want to give up but i am tired of thinking about everything I eat. i'm tired of walking when i could drive. I'm tired of passing up the snacks at work and the glass of wine with supper. Most of all I am tired of working 80 hour weeks at a place i am no longer sure I wantt o be at. I will feel sorry for myself today and then suck t up and move on tomorrow. In another month my hours will go down at work and I get to go on a vacation to see my daughter! Thanks all, Positive Marymc will be back soon!
    Oh Mary, I can commisserate. I worked a job that I LOVED for 70 hours a week and I didn't even like that! Even a GREAT job isn't good after 50 hours!! Too many hours at work saps your strength and kills your energy, and makes everything else in life hard.

I hope you can soldier through the next few weeks. Maybe make a countdown on a calendar at home that you can cross off the days. Maybe treat yourself to something nice-- a bouquet of flowers, new shoes, a houseplant, even some nice bath gel or powder? Anything that will raise your spirits.

Mary, I hope you feel better already, just from venting in writing.
    Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 AM

I remember seeing this thread months ago and here it is again... so I've started reading "backwards" and came across the post mentioning not much support from the folks on the board and I'm one of the guilty ones... I'm not much overweight, but what I need to lose just doesn't want to go away... I'm right there with all of you who don't have much willpower :|
    Since Sept 13th, my sweet, prediabetic, hypertensive DH has lost 50 pounds by running every morning and cutting out as many extra fats and sweets as possible. His BP is normal again and blood sugar levels are normal, too. BUT, he's a MAN... (no offense, gentlemen... but you just lose differently!!)

In the years of our marriage, I've looked at several weight loss programs and many have good points... here are a few points I've learned that seem to be valid and effective:
    1) after you eat, go for a short walk... even 10-15 minutes, at a fair pace. just a quick walk
    2) learn to measure portions! This is really important because we've become accustomed to larger portions! a quick google will provide lots of info.
    3) If you can cut 100-200 Calories each day, it will take a little longer, but those Calories really do add up. Again, a quick google search will take you to a list of 100 Calorie foods.
    4) Every day is a new day!! If you slip one day, determine to try again the next day!!

Be sure to check with your healthcare provider before starting any exercise program!

My family tends to be overweight and friends, obesity (and it's results) is one of the top two causes of premature death in the US. The other is smoking... both are preventable.

My heart is with each of you who are trying to lose. Even though I don't have a lot to lose, I understand the difficulty. Let's try to keep encouraging one another in this effort!!??

I love you all!!
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Here's the progress on my weight loss quilt. As I shrink, the quilt grows.

I've lost 66 lbs since April. I think the last time I posted was before Halloween. It's a slow process for me.

These are 4" Hourglass blocks, to represent the many hours of work it takes to achieve my goal, and also symbolize the hourglass shape that I am aiming toward (rather than the apple shape that I am now!). But 66 lbs and 66 blocks in a year-- well, it's a good start. I sure do feel better.

I'm sewing from stash so I decided to do a rainbow: lots and lots of different colors, with black as background. The black fabric is a leaf print (I have a bolt of it) because I'm turning over a new leaf! And the rainbow shades move from dark to light, as I move to lighten up!

Hourglass Weight Loss Quilt
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]173977[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-173971.jpe