Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 AM

You Look Great Carrie.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 AM

OMG you look GREAT!!!!!
Time for a new profile pic.
AMAZING
Old 11-21-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning everyone. I'm proud of myself, we had a thankgiving dinner last night and I didn't over eat. The food was sooooo good. I have been worried about the holiday meals but I think I'm gonna be just fine. My secret is to eat slowly and then stop as soon as I feel full, no pigging out this year. Thank you for the wonderful comments. It feels good to see ppl I haven't seen in a year look at me and say to me you look good what have you done to lose the weight! 1 more feast to get thru for thanksgiving then on to Christmas. I can do it!!!!!!
YES YOU CAN
YES YOU CAN
I am so VERY proud of you. I am so very glad I met you on this thread.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Good for you for not over eating Carrie. You're an inspiration to us now.

My plan for the holidays is to exercise more that week and try to eat in moderation. I am going to eat pie and mash potatoes and gravy, but limit the portions. I plan to do as well as you did.

I have been having a hard time watching my calories. Because it is cooler I want to eat more. It has been hard not to indulge in heavy stews with bread and butter. It is easy to eat salad in the summer as it is to hot to eat a heavy meal, now I want a heavy meal. But this to shall pass and I will healthier for it.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:10 PM

I am so proud of how everyone is handling this holiday season. It is not easy (I know) but think of how good you will feel come January when you haven't gained anything or maybe even lost some! Yay for y'all!

Today has been a busy day. I have been cleaning my bedroom and rearranging the room too.

I am taking a break from the cleaning so I can do my laundry. I only have to wash two more loads and that makes Missy a happy girl!!

It is supposed to start snowing in a few hours and then not stop until Tuesday sometime. I want to have my room done by tonight so I can spend my time while the weather stinks designing and sewing some quilts.

I have adopted a Navy family today. It is a newlywed couple and the husband (a Naval Officer) is deploying for 12 months in about 2 weeks and I want to make her a quilt for her bed with some shams too. Hopefully it will keep her warm until her hubby gets home.

This is the first year I have done this but I am definitely going to keep doing it. I will design their quilt sometime this week and hopefully get the cutting done this week too.

By the way, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Love ya,

Missy
Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am so proud of how everyone is handling this holiday season. It is not easy (I know) but think of how good you will feel come January when you haven't gained anything or maybe even lost some! Yay for y'all!

Today has been a busy day. I have been cleaning my bedroom and rearranging the room too.

I am taking a break from the cleaning so I can do my laundry. I only have to wash two more loads and that makes Missy a happy girl!!

It is supposed to start snowing in a few hours and then not stop until Tuesday sometime. I want to have my room done by tonight so I can spend my time while the weather stinks designing and sewing some quilts.

I have adopted a Navy family today. It is a newlywed couple and the husband (a Naval Officer) is deploying for 12 months in about 2 weeks and I want to make her a quilt for her bed with some shams too. Hopefully it will keep her warm until her hubby gets home.

This is the first year I have done this but I am definitely going to keep doing it. I will design their quilt sometime this week and hopefully get the cutting done this week too.

Love ya,

Missy
That is such a generous thing to do for our military family!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Love ya,

Missy
That is such a generous thing to do for our military family!
Maybe it is..I don't know...I just look at this humongous stash of fabric and think why on earth do I have it and not use it to bless someone else?? So, that is what I want to do. Bless another family. Oh man...I sure hope this doesn't sound all high and mighty cause I am not that way at all. I just want someone else to be happy at this time of year, especially since the hubby is deploying for a year.

Oh well.

Missy
Old 11-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Missy, it doesn't sound bad. It is a blessing to know there is someone out there for you! In church today the sermon was about being generous to others.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Missy, it doesn't sound bad. It is a blessing to know there is someone out there for you! In church today the sermon was about being generous to others.
Wow. What a coincidence!

I think we all should be doing things for other people. I don't mean we all should quilt for them or buy things for them. It could just simply be a smile as you pass by them. At least that is how I feel. *shrugs*

Missy
Old 11-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Well, the snow has started to fall. This means that I will be indoors for the next few days. Tonight I am making my final calculations on the quilt for the Navy couple I adopted. I need to make sure my calculations are accurate so that I can begin cutting. I love to piece though. Once I get started I can usually get the top done in a couple days.

I think I am going to use blue and a shiny white. Not sure though right now. Their bed is a queen so that helps to know how big I need to make it. I also need to make sure I have enough to make shams and pillowcases.

We'll see though.

I hope you all are keeping warm!!

Missy