Crushed!

Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM

I've heard of taking candy away from a baby, but fabric away from a quilter? - now that's truly evil.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Be sure and check surrounding dumpsters, when she discovers it is not what she thought she may throw it away. Been there, done that.
I second this. I once had my purse stolen, unfortunately for the thief, not a single piece of ID or cash was in it. I had put my checkbook and cards in my coat pocket to make them easy to access. The only thing of value I lost was a favorite picture of my son.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 PM

I am so sorry. That would just make me sick as I am sure it did you.I hope they find the thief. Was the fabric horses? Like the other lady on here said maybe we could all contribute some sort of fabric to you?I have a horse panel somewhere.If you would like it let me know by PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
If you will let me know what kind of fabric you need I may have some to contribute. Would be glad to do it.
I have several yards of horse material I am not going to use...PM me and I will send to you (that is if you would like) I am with rexie I would like contribute.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM

Thank God she wasn't violent
Old 02-26-2011, 08:50 PM

First of all, thank God you were not hurt. People have been killed over less than a shopping bag full of stuff.

Secondly, I am so sorry you experienced such a scary thing. We all appreciate that you shared it with us because you are right...one never knows who is watching.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:58 PM

You know everytime I go back & read some more post on this the madder it makes me. I would love to get a hold of that gal & beat the living snot out of her. Who does she think she is. It also scares me because my parents are getting up there & they still go to the store & I worry about them. Not to long ago they were in McDonalds & this little 4 yr old punk ran into my mom & almost knocked her down & the little b just turned around & laughed. Where were his parents. Please be careful & always check your surroundings. I have lived with law enforcement too long & he sees a lot of bad stuff.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM

So sorry this happened to you.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM

Yes, check the dumpsters - those too lazy to work for a living won't be sewers either.
I had a similar thing happen - except that they nicked off with the bag of rubbish I had specifically put aside so that I could take it to the bin after I had finished packing the car. Of course, my ending was less tragic than yours - I kept chuckling all day about how they would have been really cross when they opened it!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM

How aweful. I'm so sorry, hope you are OK.