paypal experiences

Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I'm not sure I would want someone in another country to know my PP account info. They could easily send you a phishing email and if you fall for it, there goes your money.

I know it is wrong of me to mistrust people from other countries more so than the US, but there are places in Eastern Europe where much of the economy is built on internet scams.

But since another QB member has vouched for this seller, there seems like there would be no problem.
I've used PayPal for many years and.......Geta gets none of your account info. She gets your money delivered to her and only the PayPal company has your account info; this is the point of PayPal----making buying/selling safe and no personal information goes anywhere. I've never done downloads but I've bought several hundred items on Ebay in the last 12 or so years, paid for most with PayPal and had NOT EVEN ONE PROBLEM!!!! It's secure so feel comfortable using it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 PM

I too, have been using Paypal for years. You can also use it on Amazon, and other sites. Makes paying for items easier.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Using paypal you have some purchase protection. I use it all the time on e-bay and Fabric.com. You can have the funds come directly from your checking account or credit card. I like to use my checking account I tend to spend more wisely than on a cc. Some don't feel safe using the internet purchases but I don't feel safe using my cc or checks at the mall with a min wage clerk that just started yesterday. The best think to do is what you feel comfortable doing.
I agree totally. Have also used Paypal for years with Ebay and this board, never had a problem. I also receive money on Paypal, and it is real easy to transfer received monies to your checking account.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM

I love Paypal. I use it for ebay, fabric.com and when I buy shoes for my husband. If a co accepts payPal I go wit them.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM

I don't like to order on the internet unless they except pay pal they have protected me twice that I would of lost my order and my money but somehow pay pal got it back for me one place told me I had not even placed an order but I had the confirmation number from pay pal so do keep your confirmation number until you have your order in your hand and it is satisfactory
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM

I use paypal all the time and love it.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM

My daughter uses pay pal and is quite happy with it. I, on the other hand, refuse to have yet another "account" and password to remember and another opening for spam/scam etc. If my credit card is not good enough for the seller, they don't need/want me for a customer. I also refuse to do business with companies that require you to "like" them on a social network to purchase from them or to enter one of their contests. I guess I am just too old fashioned. I understand companies not accepting personal checks (although, they could hold the merchandise until the check clears but that does require extra bookkeeping) but there is no reason in my mind why they insist on pay pal rather than a credit card. I am protected with a credit card. To me, pay pal is just like giving someone access to your bank account whenever they wish.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nantie
I just found a lovely site, a lady from Romania (Greta, i believe) has beautiful quilt patterns for downloading for $5, but only accepts PayPal. i read the particulars on paypal on their site and now are more confused. Has anyone got any feedback on using the site, how best to set up an account, or whatever. i don't see myself using this type of account often and wonder if i should even attempt it....thanks
I have a separate account for PayPal only. It is a different bank than my normal one and I only keep about $30.00-$50.00 in the account. That way no one can get a lot of money in case there is something dishonest going on.

Works for me!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nantie
I just found a lovely site, a lady from Romania (Greta, i believe) has beautiful quilt patterns for downloading for $5, but only accepts PayPal. i read the particulars on paypal on their site and now are more confused. Has anyone got any feedback on using the site, how best to set up an account, or whatever. i don't see myself using this type of account often and wonder if i should even attempt it....thanks
I love using pay pal. It is so easy, and in fact I get disappointed if that payment is not an option when I order online. On ebay, when you use paypal there is a guarantee for you, not sure, but I think it is up to $2,000. My sister in law bought a used Viking Designer I on ebay. When it arrived, it did NOT look as it did in the picture. Many things were broke or missing. Because she used pay pal and followed their rules, she got all of her money back.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 AM

paypal is safe i have been using it for years