Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why, oh why do I go to Joanne Fabrics? (JUst need to vent) >

Why, oh why do I go to Joanne Fabrics? (JUst need to vent)

Why, oh why do I go to Joanne Fabrics? (JUst need to vent)

Old 03-02-2010, 06:52 AM

:shock:
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM

Speaking of Fat Quaters, I was at Ace yesterday their FQ's are 2.49 I about fell over.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 AM

I am thinking maybe we should send a link to this thread to JoAnn's Corporate email on their site, not Walmarts.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 AM

Thanks for your input. I love this quilting board but am baffled by the complaining on a grand scale. Yes, the service at different stores, JoAnn's included, leaves much to be desired at times, and I do agree, we EXPECT people who work in any store to be knowledgeable about the products they sell but take the time to understand that's NOT happening, they are all understaffed and SOME of the people are very hardworking and sweet. If more people would not be beligerent right from the start, it would help. I feel lucky to have a JoAnn's within walking distance of my apt. I have the cashier ring up the 40% coupon separately from my other purchases so there is no confusion and I am selective about what I buy. If I accommodate and understand the limitations, I no longer get upset, I smile at the clerks and even help them sometimes to do their job better. No, it's not the ideal, but IT IS WHAT IT IS. Life is too short to always be angry and I think most quilters are lovely people who bring light and sweetness to the world. I'd rather pass that on than bitterness. Quilting has brought such joy to my life and I'm not going to let ANYONE spoil that. Please, go TENDERLY through life. It;s not only better for everyone, but it is certainly better for us.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 AM

Phyl, I agree with you. I actually feel sorry for the people that work there because I think the management leaves alot to be desired. I don't think they are that supportive of their staff. With that said, I do agree with everyone else. I alway give Joanne's the benefit of the doubt and go back to them but then again my order gets screwed up somehow.

I think it would be a great idea to link this to their corporate office.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 AM

To the ex cashier from Joannes. I have always been taught to have pride in what you do, even if it was digging a ditch, cleaning a toilet, or working at Joannes. Your reply is typical of a generation that gives exactly what they are payed for. What a shame for our country.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 AM

The Joann's store I go into I have no problems. You can use more than one coupon per order (not same item) if they have different codes on them (one from flyer, one from online or their bonus ones).....And the coupons take off the highest priced item at the register. Maybe the problem with the 40% coming off the book was because it didn't ring up at the sale price and the "computer" (don't we love em) calculated the higher priced item.

I shop JOann's often. Not for fabric as much as the cutting supplies. I usually use the coupons for the wide backing fabric though. The other closest fabric store is Hancocks and it is about 60 miles away. I have order some fabric online, but I like to see and feel what I am buying so that means I am limited to the local Joann's.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 AM

So, after six PAGES of "nasty, not nasty, nasty, not nasty", comments about JoAnn's stores and clerks, some back and forth fighting about "you said, I said" , and I think some very hurt feelings unfortunately, did you notice there is a JoAnn's coupon at the end of the page??????LOL!!!!! Come on my usually wonderful fellow quilters. Please lighten up and go gently into the next quilting adventure. I'm so glad quilting relaxes us!!!! :evil: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM

The coupon is not put on by JoAnns, because they are watching. The cookies pull things because of the words used in the threads. The other day a lady was talking about insurance and an insurance ad showed up on the bottom of the thread, another was looking for cordless iron, Oreks showed up. They tap into the threads, it is a way of tracking.
Originally Posted by Phyl
So, after six PAGES of "nasty, not nasty, nasty, not nasty", comments about JoAnn's stores and clerks, some back and forth fighting about "you said, I said" , and I think some very hurt feelings unfortunately, did you notice there is a JoAnn's coupon at the end of the page??????LOL!!!!! Come on my usually wonderful fellow quilters. Please lighten up and go gently into the next quilting adventure. I'm so glad quilting relaxes us!!!! :evil: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 AM

What? Walmart owns Joann? Where can I see that documented? please