Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Venting---Need to kill my hubby >

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Venting---Need to kill my hubby

Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MisBehavin'
Is this the same as them saying "Honey, how about we have the kids here Memorial weekend and I'll do the smoking (as in Turkey, Ham and Brisket)???? Guess who "gets" to make all the trimmings, prepare the meats for the smoker and clean up the most horrific mess you'll find in East TX! The kids will make themselves a to go pack and leave the mess to me. Woopee is all I can say. Do I sound excited? Men!
Yeah, my hubby thinks the same thing. All the "side" dishes don't take much time to do after all. So that means I have time to "help" him with the smoking. :evil:
Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Oh My this is hilarious some of the revenges :lol: Ruffles on boxers, pant legs sewn shut....

Hey as long as the fifth wheel is clean and ready to go tell DH you want to go on your own personal shop hop :wink: LOL Might as well get good use out of it , since it is all ready to go :thumbup:
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
bkb

GailR have a great weekend! You have earned it. Rest up for that trip to the LQS I figure 1 fabric for each load washed,dried and put back in the camper.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by MisBehavin'
Is this the same as them saying "Honey, how about we have the kids here Memorial weekend and I'll do the smoking (as in Turkey, Ham and Brisket)???? Guess who "gets" to make all the trimmings, prepare the meats for the smoker and clean up the most horrific mess you'll find in East TX! The kids will make themselves a to go pack and leave the mess to me. Woopee is all I can say. Do I sound excited? Men!
Seriously???? My dad would have skinned us alive if we'd left one dirty dish or a crumb on the table for mom to clean up. After a big dinner Mom's job was to play with the grandbabies while we cleaned everything. Mom only made the main course and maybe one side. The rest of the meal was a pot luck carry in by us. Of course there were six of us so it usually made for a pretty good potluck. Next time get on the phone and tell them what dish to bring. When it's over tell them you're tired so you're going to sit while they clean up. After two or three times they'll get the hang of it.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:58 PM

hahahahahahaha -alot of us can relate, can't we ladies??
Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 PM

I think I would just send your hubby and the rest on the trip and stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet and quilt, quilt, quilt!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 AM

The MOTH has done similar things over the years. My best revenge so far was to write IDIOT in indelible texta on the back of his bald head while he slept. It was 2 days into a 9 day bike ride before any one told him!!! He never left me to organise a camping trip all ever again. hehehe
Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
The MOTH has done similar things over the years. My best revenge so far was to write IDIOT in indelible texta on the back of his bald head while he slept. It was 2 days into a 9 day bike ride before any one told him!!! He never left me to organise a camping trip all ever again. hehehe
Ohhhh, you're good!!! That's something I wouldn't have thought of. :thumbup:
Old 05-24-2010, 04:31 AM

Good for you!!! :lol: :lol: We have our camper up for sale because I'm tired of that samething!! Mom gets all the work and very little enjoyment. I don't think I've had a real vaca in 7-10 years. Been camping!!! This year, we're going to hotel it. I don't want to load, unload, clean-up, re-load, unload again and then clean everything up. Oh, and I don't want to cook a meal while on vaca also!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-24-2010, 04:45 AM

OH my gosh - I am laughing out loud, too funny.